Thursday, January 28, 2010

Melt down .....

Hello ....



Hope this rant finds everyone well ... happy, content .... choose any defining adjective you would like for your own individual attitude today.



Thursday, 1/28/10 - My morning was extremely productive ... my afternoon ....pure hell and aggravation!!!

I was basically "stood up" by upper management when this person didn't show up for a scheduled meeting. I waited 15 minutes past scheduled time, called, left a voice mail ... 12:50 still no response, I am growing increasingly more irritated .... I decide ... "F'it" .... and run out for 20 minutes to put gas in my car and grab a diet coke .... come back to a voice mail message on my phone .... still, the irritation grows with what was in my opinion a lame message, especially as I could hear laughing in the background. I call my boss/mentor/friend .... she tells me she knows/feels my pain ... LOL .... I so believe her as she has been and/or is being put through the tests as well. She proceeds to tell me I am my own best advocate and to do what I feel I need to, and maybe I should go home for the rest of the day ... chill out ....



I stayed until 3 PM ... packed up my stuff .... and drove to the facility where boss girl hangs her hat ... oh .... melt down big time when a bumper sticker in front of me brought me to tears. "Maybe the hokie pokie is what it's all about." I was freakin' balling ... then laughing ... so hard I thought I was going to have an "accident" and I'm not talking car!!! Let's just say .... I felt a little better, but still not happy, economy or not, that I was SHAFTED!! Really ... how many "promises" is one to believe when one keeps putting out the work, given more and more responsibility, taken on that responsibility with a pretty good attitude ... before one says ... this is BS!!! First of all ... I am not a big fan of promises .... reminds me of my marriage .... don't make them if you have no intention of keeping them, or you do not have the ability to follow through on them. I prefer to say to you, I will give you my all, and I will do my best. Been my experience, that not too many "promises" ever really get followed through on.

In any event, Thursday past, Friday came. I had to go to Phoenix on Friday morning for a doctor appointment with my neurologist. That went very well, with the exception I have to go back in 6 weeks as opposed to my normal 3-4 months. I then met up with my friends, J&P and we did lunch. P and I went to the mall afterwards to do some shopping and search for some new crocs ... hahaha ... in the matter of 2 hours I got sick .... hard!! I was in the restroom and checked my BG as I was sweating profusely, nauseated, along with a couple of other issues ... got to a point very quickly where the room was spinning and I became very weak. I have NEVER felt like this before, nor this quickly. We chocked it up to food poisoning as I was the only one who had the shrimp, and I had not had anything to eat since the day prior. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of the afternoon and early evening rolled up in a ball, trying to make it back and forth to the bathroom without taking out a wall. As usual, another adventure filled visit with J&P. I felt better yesterday morning .... totally weird.... and scary as I was unaware of what could have been going on when it all came on so quickly. We decided that seeing I blew our plans of going to the movies Friday night, that we would just rent a couple and hang out inside ... that way I could stay in my comfy jammy pants..... :D

Saturday came .... time for me to head back up north. I left Phoenix about noon, got home about 4:00pm as I made a couple of quick stops to pick up a couple of items to do my taxes. All in all ... we had a pretty decent 24 hours!! I often feel that as happy as they are to see me ... they are often just as happy to see me go!!! They are the best of the best!!! and can we ever laugh .... and at that particular point in my week .... if I didn't laugh, I was going to explode, melt down, and just cry.

Here it is Sunday ... time to get ready for another week. I need to readjust, regroup, make my priority me, and do the best I know how with my job status without making myself sick with worry about how I am going to make this all work. I need to go shower, vac, finish the dishes that my daughter was to have taken care of while I was away..... that will be another story, as I told her I don't want to live as a college student!!! Then I have to go take my father to the store .... another major irritation in my life ....

Wishing you all a wonderful day and an excellent week!!

PS: No word yet on when the scheduled visit will be. This week made the two week mark for the transplants that were done .... so "HOPEFULLY" this week I will get my call to schedule!!

Peace and Light
et

3 comments:

  1. Stay away from the shrimp! Maybe that is why I don't eat shrimp. Ok, so I don't like shrimp, but it helps me stay away from it. ha. Sorry to hear about the shrimp "issue" and hope you are better today.
    It sounds like things are a bit hectic up/down there. Which is it? Up? Down? I am directionally challenged lol. You may want to keep that in mind when for when we travel together tee hee. By the time we take our trip, you will have the directions down pat, so you can help me through.
    Anyway, keep up your positive attitude and really, stay away from the shrimp.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. VVVRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!
    That's the car engine, revving up, cuz I think the time's growing close for us to blow this bubble gum joint!!! WOOHOO!

    The virgin traveler - the other "Deb-Deb"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes melt downs make us feel better and remind us that we do have convictions! Good for you - don't blame you one bit! People are a-holes....Keep you chin up!

    B :)

    ReplyDelete