Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Updates ...

Hi everyone!!

What a mess it has been this week. Traveling, the yard, work, dad, Hilly, etc. We have had rain, snow, sleep, hail, lots and lots of water, ice, flooding, you name it. I am so totally exhausted. I had to take Hilly to work this morning as she is afraid to drive her truck in the snow/ice since the last storm when she slid off the road, spun around and landed in a ditch that required being winched out of. I don't think the kid was breathing halfway to town this morning. ... LOL. Not that I really blame her, people out here take all the fun out of driving in the snow. They do things so half-assed sometimes I often wonder what happened to common sense???

I have a load of wash in ... I need to go pay some bills for both myself and dad. I have to go back into town (Prescott) to take Dad to the store, I figure I will make him feed me dinner and I will just hang out at his house until 7 and go pick Hilly up at the hospital so I need not have to make two trips. I got 4 hours of work in this morning at the office. I have to put some hours in here for work tomorrow as I will be taking Friday off for a doctor appointment in Phoenix, and Tuesday Maggie has to go to the vet, so I will have to make up some time there. I will spend Friday night with the best friends, J&P, and of course Hannah!! We don't get to see each other a lot so I try to stop in when I go to the valley, and it usually turns into an over-night or weekend trip. I would stay the weekend, but Hillary freaks if she has to watch Maggie for any length of time. If I was just going down, I would take Maggie with me, but doctor appointments and such, not really a good idea.

I am looking forward to hearing and setting dates for the first trip to get the ball rolling. It is a feeling I am having a hard time describing. People keep asking me if I am scared. I really am not scared, more excited, a little anxious I guess, but really excited about just taking part in the whole research project and the potential outcome. I really don't know what to expect, I know, that there is going to be pain, no doubt some yaking involved, and pain, and LOTS of black and blue marks. But, on the other hand, I have the opportunity to teach. Those that want to travel with me over the process (still looking for that special someone to make the actual transplant trip) to learn as much about me and my disease, as about themselves and what they are capable of doing. That would be a weird sort of definition for me at this point, but I do know what I am trying to say. There are people who think, "Oh, I could never do that" or "I don't like that sort of stuff" to the whole travel companion thing. I know that some of us will travel much better together than others, but I really am hoping that because these people want to be with me, experience the process with me, that they are able to dig within themselves to help in the "health" department should it be needed and to discover the strength they too hold to conquer in a stressful, potential life threatening situation. Now, is that where I want the focus, not really. I do think the whole experience is going to just be fantastic, pain and all !!!!

In thinking about it yesterday after a conversation with a coworker, I don't know what life is like without an organ on a string attached to my body, or a bag full of syringes, a package with meters, strips, sugar backup, the whole process of thinking ahead, making sure I am prepared for any sort of situation, (which I must admit, have not been on occasion). Has always seemed that when I am not prepared, is when something off the wall occurs. I have been in Phoenix and had my pump malfunction, and because I was only going to stay the one night, was without backup. Stupid. I had an issue at work one time where my pump malfunctioned and I had the needles, but forgot the insulin in my bag. Hillary had to come rescue me as I feel into DKA and couldn't walk, fought with Hillary to just take me home. I was apparently belligerent, nasty, and so completely incoherent, she knew what to do, and she took care of it with little to no guidance from myself. She often times will bark, "who is the parent here?" .... she is very adult, and maybe in part, due to having to live with me all these years, but I don't think I can take all the blame. :)

Ok well ... I have a ton of stuff to accomplish here in the rest of today. There never seems to be enough time, or enough me to get everything done. My back door seems to have been leaking with all the wind-driven rain and now something stinks out in my laundry room, a lovely combination of dog, wet, mud, and perhaps some mildew combined with dirty feet (HMT's not mine). So ... guess I better get on that one too!!! Would be nice to have a little man around sometime .... hehehehe ... ya know, to take care of those little irritations. :P

I wish everyone a wonderful evening and a peaceful Sunday !!
Peace and Light
et

OH .... Deb S.... (crap) that won't work either as Deb (MA) and Deb-Deb (AZ) both have the same last initial !!! I will post the disappointing news when I think it out in my head ... it is work related and revolves around $$ ... hehehe ... so don't fret your pretty little head !!

No comments:

Post a Comment