Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday

Hey to all !!

Ok .. almost 11 AM here in AZ ... nice day overall. I guess there is a ton of rain coming our way this week ... always makes for a nice muddy mess, in spite of the fact I know us desert rats need our rain. Some day ... sooner rather than later, I hope my yard gets landscaped to the point of my comfort..... $$ is short all around so that is sort of a luxury at the moment. I tired and seem to dislocate bones and pull things rather easily, so ... tomorrow me and Hillary plan on shoveling the rest of this rock around to fill Maggie's pen and complete what Hillary has turned into a circular driveway for her truck. I am thinking Hilly will do most of the shoveling, and I will do the prep work and pulling of the weeds in Maggie's pen and perimeter. Once it rains, it will be so much easier to pull some of the remaining tumbleweeds ... I hate that stuff!!

I am REALLY hoping to hear from the team this week. I faxed off some logs this past week, even though I was told to wait until the steroids and infection cleared. I sort of want them to have enough information in all possible situations on me. Seeing how my body has NEVER played by the books or the rules. Sometimes I find this fact amusing, others, it is just down-right painful. So ... I will work on another log for them beginning the end of this week, complete with bolus, basal, and what I stuffed in this pretty little mouth of mine, maybe, including the fact that I have not been on my pump the last day and one-half, which, BTW, SUCKS !!! I am already on my second bag (10) of syringes and "pricking" every two hours ... just trying to stay on top of it.

I went out to pick up after the dog this morning (tomorrow is trash day) and I was in a sweat within 20 minutes ... was not sure what the deal was. Like I stated yesterday, it has been 12 years since I combined two types of insulin together ... not sure how to explain this sort of existence for you. As a younger adult, prior to my pump, the long and short of it all .. (hahaha ... get it??) was that the insulin had "peak" periods ... which meant if I hadn't eaten, or was doing something rather than sitting on my ass, that the highs and lows were so totally unpredictable. So .. In the time I have to be on the stick this week, (I am so hoping that they get here in a day or so) it is going to be a pretty time consuming process as there seems to be much more involved in staying within range. The fact I have digestive complications was a pretty large part of my going on the pump, it offered a fine tuning control in the event I was not to eat. It is always a juggling act ... and sometimes, with all lives other issues that we deal with on a daily basis, my balls have a tendency to hit the floor.

Anyway ... got myself an AWESOME chowder going in the slow cooker, am going out to do some more paper work and take care of some business for my father. I also have to complete a project for work before my boss slaps me silly for multiple reasons!! (Love you Tina !!! :P )

To all ... have a great day !!
For all who get tomorrow off .... enjoy !!

Peace and Light ~~
et

No comments:

Post a Comment