Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Guest Bloggers Wanted

Okay ... well .... how daring do you think this request is???

I have been trying to get Hillary to do some guest blogging for me in hopes that when I am "under the weather" and really can't be doing it to update or enlighten, that she could sort of fill in. You know ... give the updates and perhaps share some of her experiences as a so called "witness to the destruction." She has many I know ... and often times in telling these stories gets some huge laughs at my expense. I have a friend/coworker whose husband (also a friend) also has type one and they have been caught sharing stories and fears of lows.

So .. if there is anyone out there who knows me and perhaps has witnessed an usual event, or saved my sorry a$$ on a couple of occasions, please share it with the rest of my followers. I just think it may give another perspective of how I live and what I have coped with all these years. I can think of a couple of people off the top of my head who have been around that long .... LMAO ... and yet still refer to me as a close friend. :D

If you are up for the challenge, past or present episodes ... please send me a note and perhaps an email contact, or email me with a word document with your story ... I promise not to edit anything from your original stories ... I just may not publish them if you make me look like a complete idiot!!! ..... but to be honest .... I don't think it could any worse in that department than I have presented of myself here with my coworkers, and friends in the past couple of years. They have been pretty off the wall on a couple of occasions .... I know the issue is not funny, but I would so kill for some operating room videos of me being put under having been told of what I am like under the influence, or Hillary telling the story of me landing in the ER last year the night before her birthday and screaming that I didn't have an "F'ing Happy Place" .... and me ... not really recalling much of anything, or how long I had actually been in the hospital ... only to freak when coming to and finding myself in ICU!! I would also like you to include how these episodes may have made you feel at the time, fearful, anxious, unknowing of what to expect or do. I know that to be thrust into the situation can be frightening, but .... I am also hoping my friend "P" will share her initiation episode as well ... she certainly jumped to the plate by slapping me.... or at least that was what I remembered as I was totally caught by surprise in telling her (or thought I was trying to tell her, "J-U-I-C-E" ..... LMAO .... again, I know it isn't funny, but this is how I have dealt with this sort of stuff all these years. Shit happens, got to deal with it .... might as well do it with a smile and some laughter. ..... right?

So .... you up to the challenge? ... share you knowledge and how you may have helped ... or how I may have ruined a good time do to moodiness/attitude beyond belief, and what maybe you know now that you didn't know then. I sure would appreciate some input ... and I know that some of you are getting sick of me complaining about everyday happenings dealing with family.... cause that never seems to take a break ... just lulls for a bit.

Thanks for taking this request under consideration. I look forward to seeing/reading what you have to offer the public. :P .

2 comments:

  1. Ok Bink,
    Are you looking for me to write something from our past and then add info on what it is like to have a kiddo with diabetes and what I know now? I am not sure what your request is.
    Oh man, the stories I could tell tee hee. Only half kidding. I will have to ponder some and think about what story to tell. Maybe you can refresh my memory on something wonderful that you remember - another tee hee.
    Chat soon,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... well Deb ... I am not sure I "remember" :D anything wonderful in that dept. You did, however, make a comment early on the blog about how "moody" I was. Something I know your mom also remembers. Hahaha. ... I remember a story your moom used to tell about the first time you brought me into the house and I came in as one person, went to the bathroom and apparently came out someone else. The fact that you now have a child diagnosed with type I could give you an edge over others, the if I knew then what I know now twist. I will do my best to post it as a whole document ... no editing on my part ... and feel free to have a laugh at my expense ... this could be considered your payback babe!!

    Love to you for giving it an attempt.

    B

    ReplyDelete