Saturday, January 2, 2010

Off and Running

Hello !!

I hope everyone survived their New Years celebrations. I was in bed and out cold by 9:00!! The neighbors apologized for any noise they may have made, told them no worries, I heard nothing. I am still sick, am now thinking this isn't a cold. Been fighting this now for about three weeks, and now breathing has not only become an effort, but, it is keeping me awake and tiring to accomplish along with things like walking and talking. Hillary went down the night before last with the beginning effects, and my father is also down with some sort of bug. I just came in from running into town to pick stuff up for him to tend to himself with instructions that he was NOT to push it. If he felt tired, sleep, and to hydrate, preferably with water. He drinks soda and coffee. I can't for the life of me get him to realize that water does wonders and being elderly, they don't realize how easy it is to become dehydrated, especially here in Arizona where the atmosphere is so dry to start with. (Ya never really sweat, it evaporates when its really hot). This time of year, is just hard to drink as much H20 because it is not really hot, it is just mild (40-60 degrees during the day).

Anyway .... I see one of my doctors on Monday afternoon so I will have it looked into. Hillary called in sick for today as she is down too. Something is going around and landing people on multiple rounds of antibiotics and/or hospital stays for pneumonia. I don't need that right now, but am thinking I may be there or at least well on my way as with every cough I feel like a lower internal organ is coming to the surface.....LOL .... not my idea of a great way to acquire 6-pack abs. :D I have been pumping the water, the supplements, tea, and the Mucinex which has helped, but it doesn't really seem to be going away.... it is better, but not near gone.

I am trying very hard, and coaching Hillary too, on being more optimistic for this coming year. It is not always easy when your blocks are already stacked pretty high against you to be positive, but I do believe it can be done..... and I am holding out exceptional hope!! So I see this doctor on Monday, he will review the results of my echo and send off the results (hopefully he did this already, but in this particular case, I won't hold my breath) and then UCSF should be contacting me within a week, ten days top. I am trying to keep my anxiety level at a minimum, one not feeling good, it plays a role, and two, I have to try and maintain my focus, which has been pretty much all over the map in recent weeks, months I guess. I just can't believe that it is 2010!!!

So ... I am trying to do a few things without getting totally winded, but I am about to go lie down for a while seeing as I did my good "care-taker" tasks, two loads of wash, took the trash out, the dog out, and now the dishwasher is running .... sounds like a good plan for me to go elevate my lungs .... and breathe in that smell of Vicks .... sexy hey ?? ;D ..... LOL ....

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and be well !!!

et

1 comment: