Sunday, January 3, 2010

ER visit

Well .... I tried .....
Was up most of last night with this dry hacking cough which in turn pulled or popped something in my lower left abdomen (or the Michelin ...LOL). By 5:30 this morning I couldn't take it anymore and drove myself to the emergency room. It was hard to get a full breath and with each cough came the doubling over from the pain. Anyway ... spent four hours in ER, was one of my more flawless trips, BGs were stable on arrival, did bloodwork, chest X-ray, put me on O2 and gave me a breathing treatment. I dozed off ...... when it was all over I was told the upper respiratory infection had triggered an asthma attack which in turn pulled a muscle deep in my lower ab. (not exactly my idea of isolating a muscle group for a nice 6-pack!) It is so percise, I hope that it is in fact just a muscle. So .... I am now out ... the next 3 days of work, $50 bucks for drugs, god only knows how much towards this years deductable and I still feel like crap. I am to begin a 7 day titrating steroid run in the morning for the inflamation from the URI which is going to throw the BGs into all out chaos. (steroids are SO not good in the eyes of a diabetic). I will go off my pump for this round, as I have been having tissue issues....LOL.... sounds cute but it really isn't. The tissue can only take so much for so long before it starts to break down. I have been on my pump now for 11 years, and with the limited areas of rotation at 3 days tops for a site, tissue breaks down and absorption becomes a problem. So I will go back on the needle for this round. I can hardly wait ... I am so tired, wiped, just exhausted, I just want to rest and recoup. So with the worry of all this ... the med run and out of whack BGs, I get to worry about missing 3 days of work, and what sort of backup this will cause, we are already overworked and maxed out in the who does what department. I can't afford to became anything other than an asset to the company.

Ok .... just a quick update .... off to the bedroom.
Be well ..... I am hoping for good things, hoping for good things, hoping for good things!! :D
et

2 comments: