Sunday, January 24, 2010

Morning everyone !!!

Happy Sunday to all!!

Well ... last night I discovered what the smell was in the washroom. The carpet got soaked, so I pulled that up and tossed it only to find that the wind-driven rain had come through the bottom of the door and now I need to replace the threshold portion. I am thinking hard about how I should go about that. I am pretty sure that I can make it better then it was. I so should have been a dude. The guy that apparently "fixed" it when we first bought the house 16 months ago, according to Hilly (I wasn't watching him) only replaced the gap with a piece of molding he took from somewhere else. WHY .... can't people do their jobs right the first time!!!??? I am so totally broke .... but it needs to be fixed correctly. That just irks the you know what out of me!!! I love the Home Depot and Lowe's, could spend a good part of my day in there, but .... I rarely have the money to do so. I have a piece of granite on the counter out in the kitchen .... what I am going to rebuild with when the house that came in on wheels needs remodeling. My theory is that .... I am never going to get my log, loft, small home on a hill overlooking water .... lol.... and Hillary won't be here forever, she wants a home that "didn't come in on wheels" and sits on a real foundation .... LMAO .... she will get hers, I just know it. For me, this is most likely it, so I will make the very best of it. It just bothers me that people don't take any real pride in their work anymore, and feel the need to do things as cheaply as possible. It has been my experience, and my mother's words of years gone by, that you not only get what you pay for, but if you invest properly the first time, (like a good quality jacket, classic skirt, higher grade carpet) you will have them for years and they will pay for themselves in the long run. So I guess in order to get that, I need to do the freakin' job myself!!!! I love that hole tool-time thing .... sure, I like to sew, which I need to do to get my bathroom complete, but I would so rather play with the big-boy tools. Nothing makes me laugh harder than going into the tool area and blowing off what I NEED to the guy that thinks he can sell me shit I DON'T.

Anyway ..... I have a terrible sore throat this morning ... I think it might be from the heat, gets so dry ... I like just the dry... not the extra dry. I have a lot of cleaning up to do around here before travel begins for this venture. I try not to think about how to get it done or I would be so overwhelmed I was cry. I am going to go finish up the laundry and Maggie is sitting here talking to me ... LOL .... yelling at me .... So I have stuff to keep me VERY busy today before returning to the grind in the early morn. I often wish there was more time in a day, but then someone would just fill it with something THEY need done and I still wouldn't get my stuff done. "Stuff" .... one of my absolute favorite George Carlin routines.

Have a great day !!!
peace and light !!
et

2 comments:

  1. Peace and light back at you buddy. I am so sorry to hear about your rain/carpet issue. It irks me too when people don't do quality work. I think my dad gets so many calls becasue he is all about the quaility and good work is "talked" about. Maybe you can find a handyman around there that is trustworthy like my dad, then you would not have to worry so much.
    Just wanted to jot a quick note. I have to go do some lesson plans. I had to work today, so I am a bit behind for tomorrow.
    Talk soon.
    Love,
    Deb
    p.s. Mom got me some information about taking a train out to see you this summer. Let's just say that it is certainly not an option for me to take a train out there - yikes! Where do people get that kind of money - seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A train ?? Good God!!! You can fly at a pretty good rate if you watch the airlines. I think my brother Mike flew out on JetBlue last summer and was like $200.00 bucks RT. You want to fly into Phoenix if you come. How exciting is that?? I would love to see you. I can't remember the last time we actually got a chance to catch up on us???

    Please tell Mom and Dad I send my love, not sure if she is following the rants or not. It is getting close, and I am very excited about the science of it all. No real joy ride but it is all in what the outcome will be, but the process in general I find just facinating. I so should have thought better when I was a youngin' ... lol ... oh well ... I can still influence the next generation and I like to think I do!!!

    Have a great week and I hope to "see" you in the coming months. Talk soon!!!!

    Peace & light
    Bink

    ReplyDelete