Sunday, January 24, 2010

UCSF link off to the right

A small excerpt from an article on the website in the patient's story section of the transplants.



This is stuff I have been ready about for years ... I wish my mom were here, she would be so totally pumped about this advance with the stem cells. She was a huge fan and advacate for the use of this sort of research. I was raised Catholic .... unfortunately, regardless of religion, one must come to their own conclusions and decisions of such usage in science. Personally, I feel that until a disease such as diabetes, Parkinson's, a spinal injury and so many other prospective benefactors, you will not get a clear picture of the impact.



Please read ... keep an open mind..... and please help me prove that the science will work ... and the next generation of drugs will be a "kinder, gentler genie" .... lol ..... Thanks !!!



GGRRRRR ... it won't allow me to copy and paste it ... go to the following link ... personal patient profiles ... this story was written in 2006 on Ivan ??? (cant' remember his last name) .... I know for a fact, that the research has improved, and they continue to make promising strides to a cure.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have to check out the link to know that things are moving in the right direction. I agree with you though, until your life has been impacted, you don't really truly understand the importance of stem cell research. Fortunately, you are not one to let others slow you down.
    Rock on little friend,
    Deb
    p.s. Really, what do you remember that I can write about. Time makes the mind fuzzy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you showing your age?? You can write about anything you want. Times we spent together, keep the things we did to a shady minimum ... LMAO .... how you think I was back then, knowing what you do now, how having a child diagnosed has effected you, how you feel about the who topic in general. It doesn't necessarily have to be about me. I just appreciate that you are willing to perhaps give it a shot. Come on.... show me those creative juices you have. :) Thanks for trying !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it - it's very encouraging! Stem cell research is very important for everyone!

    ReplyDelete