Thursday, January 7, 2010

Connections

Hey all ....

Well ... the application is complete .. and .... stress/anxiety levels are high on many fronts.
I am awaiting the next step. I have a good gut feeling that my first trip will come in the next few weeks .... (my gut is saying less than a month??)

I am prepared to work hard, on all fronts. Dedicating myself to the future of a life with great promise and hope ... LOL .... that word gets tossed around a lot lately. Without the hope and my faith that I can make a difference, I really have not much of anything.

I am going to focus on my job responsibility ... which requires much continued education. I am hoping to further my education if the transplant goes as I hope. I enjoy the college atmosphere ... the diversity of people and what brings them together.

After much prodding by several people, I opened a Facebook account last night. LMAO .... just what I need .... another learning page .... seems sort of busy for me, but I will give it a try. I am just hoping that ALL the people I saw on there and how quickly the page started to fill up with my life from past, present, and I guess .... the future .... LOL ... was sort of overwhelming. I have become quite accustom to my quiet, under the radar existence. :D So cut me some slack, I will get to viewing all the photos I have been asked to see, catch up with people, etc. I am hoping that my blog, the transplant journey, portals to networking opportunity etc. will spread amongst us. Help if you can ..... share the knowledge and wisdom with those who may want or need it and enjoy some laughs. If nothing else, I am hoping that I can post photos and video clips from my transplant travels on the site to share and invite discussion.

Until then .... I have work to accomplish here at home, both work-related and personal. Maggie has to be scheduled to go to the vet for an ear infection that is being somewhat persistent, and I have to go take my dad out to tend to a couple of matters.

Be well .... stay warm and dry, and enjoy the day !!
et

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of FB! You'll enjoy catching up with old friends! I have!

    Maggie's ear: I'm sure you already know this but I constantly clean Carsons - this helps prevent ear infections - and when I think I see one coming on - I pop a few drops of Transaderm in the ear - works like magic! Saves me $$$ too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been treating this one ear for over a month .. she looks like a little grease ball again. Vet said today she wanted to sedate Maggie and remove this large ball of wax ... we are already $$$ into the ear. Is transaderm a script or can you get it at the grain/pet store ... (out here they have large pet/animal stores that sell a lot of do-it-yourself meds. My last lab didn't have ear issues. Anything to stay on top of it. Not like she doesn't like having her ears rubbed, but she can smell when you are coming at her with something. :D Chat soon and thanks for staying in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi E - transaderm is a script - I guess it probably depends on the type of ear infection? I think Carson usually gets the yeast variety - more so in the summer when its humid.....do you use the cleanser that is supposed to acidfy whatever is in the ear and help keep them clear? I try to clean his ears religiously - at least 1-2 times per week depending on the time of year. It has helped keep us from giving all our life savings to the vet!

    Trying to stay warm.....enjoy your weekend - rest up!

    ReplyDelete