Sunday, April 1, 2012

You are not going to believe this latest turn

Happy Sunday ... Palm Sunday, if I recall correctly.

Well ... latest turn of events came down in the wee hours of Friday night/Saturday morning. I heard HT come in from a date, I was in the bathroom coughing my brains out trying to catch a real breath. Maggie, the dog, was standing in front of me as a place to lean on, she looked lost, I was just struggling to breath. HT came in and said my face was literally oompa-loompa blue/purple. She listened to my lungs and said she thought we needed to go to the ER, I quickly agreed. She told me later she knew I was not good when I agreed freely and quickly. I have no idea I was sitting there trying to catch a real breath. Anyway, we arrived at ER and was quickly swept back. Not really sure what went down after that other than the multiple pokes by multiple people trying to start a line and collect blood cultures. (Remember last year this time I landed at the local inn for a week with bilateral pneumonia). They pumped me full of an antibiotic, solumedrol IV, which quickly took my recent improvement back to the 4 steps backwards. After laying in the ER until 6 am, I was taken up stairs where I remain currently, but am hoping to be cut loose within the hour. I sort of flunked the walk/o2 test per doctor standards, but the respiratory therapist said I was not a qualifier for home O2 ... works for me. I know once this crud breaks up and I can clearly breath again, I will be ok in the stats department. Until then, I go home on the prednisone taper for 9 days, and hope for the best. I don't think I can stay in an area like this much longer if I have to undergo this sort of drama once a year between March/April/May .... Prescott AZ has apparently become the highest pollen count area in the country. Any suggestions from those out there about the perfect place to reside, hang your hat, call home .... ??? LOL .... really ... and Florida is not an option for this girl.

So ... I will await for my little girl to arrive and take me home where I will do one hot shower, get prepared for the steroid taper ... and just listen to my body and get some of this crud moving up and out. No yard work in my near future ... home will have to become a townhouse/with this stuff included. So much for my independence. Friends came to visit last night, when I mentioned how tired I am getting of the 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, he responded with "its more like you climb high and crash down 3 rungs to crash hard." "you just can't seem to catch a worthy break." ..... hahaha ... while I wait, I will catch some of the Celtics/Heat game.

Today will be low key ... so ... I would like to wish everyone a peaceful, joyous day, relax, be good to yourself ... be good to others.

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment