Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some post-treatment happenings

Happy Saturday ...

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter/Passover .... may the Peace and Love overflow!!

I just wanted to make a quickie post and enlighten you on a few of the positive changes I have noticed since treatment on 4/21/12.  First, you all know that I, again, put my new cells to the test when last weekend I had a severe allergy related asthma attack which landed me in the hospital for the weekend. With that ... they started the prednisone again ...a 9 day taper after tankin' me with a mega dose in the ER. Ok, well ... dig this ... since last weekend, I have only had to run my pump at a slightly higher rate on the weekend due to the megadose. Since the taper, although I have had a couple of what I call very high numbers, over all, it has been THE EASIEST steroid taper I have EVER done!! This leads me to believe that my insulin intake is going to be down again, based on the FACT that I lowered my dose from 0.65 to 0.60 units per hour just prior to landing in the hospital. This is pretty amazing for me, given we all know that the corticosteroids can wreak havoc on blood sugars, kidney function, and overall well being with some nasty side effects if on for an extended period of time. This is coming for me too, last night I noticed that acidly feeling and overall burning sensation in my epigastric region (common for me with the longer tapers). I am at the point where all I want to do is eat, starches, to calm the feeling as I know, at times it has made me sick (really, really).

Ok ... well ... along with that, my neck continues to improve, although I have been trying to keep up on the stretching that was taught in PT, the massage therapy, and all the rest I have been getting, time I guess. Along with my neck, the lower lumbar pain I had since the accident has dissipated to the point where I almost forgot I had it, until I pushed myself to do some much needed cleaning yesterday.

I am in process of cleaning up my Chi ... LMAO ... HT says I am too cluttered since ... well, since what .. 2008!! .... I am trying to focus on one project at a time ... that is, removing all paperwork, etc, that belonged to my parents that landed in my home ... because, I, "don't have a life." I need to free up the space .. in more ways than one, on multiple emotional levels ... all part of my therapy I guess .... I'm all for mind/body connections ... but mine always seems to turn into a sitcom!!!

On that note, I would like to wish ALL a wonderful weekend, family prep, children being children for a change ... parents, behaving like big people ... and an overall good feeling towards ourselves, and each other.

With Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment