Monday, April 2, 2012

This sort of news saddens me, but it is out there

Good Morning to all !!!

I am home today and have to tell you it was wonderful to have slept in my own bed after 36+ hours of little to no sleep over the weekend in my latest health scare of a really bad asthma attack brought on by the all to familiar Arizona spring winds and all that lovely moon dust and whatever it holds blowing around. It was one of the most scary encounters late Friday evening totally freaking me, my companion, Maggie, and my daughter, HT, coming in to discover me purple/blue trying to gain air. Off to the ER, and the weekend spent in the inn being pumped full of corticosteroids and antibiotics. Fortunately, it did not make it to pneumonia state this time as I freely said ... "I need to go to hospital." That comment right there, coming out of my mouth, sent HT into overdrive. Today, I stay in the house, doing what I am told, and staying out of the wind in which I can hear just roaring outside. Time for this "water baby" to return to her element, somewhere I can breathe fairly easy without all this added stress. I truly feel like that commercial for allergy / asthma sufferers .... "I'm like a fish with no water!!!" FOR SURE!!!! It is a terrible feeling.

On the stemmie front. I have to say, I was feeling totally awesome, and ever so hopeful prior to this hit over the weekend, and once this subsides, I will continue with this. The procedure was amazing, I had very little, almost no bruising this time around. Nothing but a tinge of faint green on the surface, could feel the deeper bruising, but nothing that couldn't be tolerated. I only took some of the pain med prescribed that first day after treatment and mostly due to the fact that we were traveling and it was sort of uncomfortable on a few levels. My mind feels clearer, although I am still fragmented in my thoughts, and trying to verbalize them coherently when I speak ... I get hung up alot when I am searching for a word, or knowing a word and it just doesn't come out ... (not sure if that makes any sense to anyone) I saw this sort of frustration in my mom after her stroke and as the Parkinson's progress. I could see the frustration and pain in her eyes not being able to communicate as she knew best. Up front and to the point. It makes me feel very inadequate at times, as I don't consider myself to be a dumb/stupid (not trying to be derogatory or demeaning) individual. I am hoping that with the start of therapy later this week, we can come to some happy medium in where and how to cope with this new line of challenge to move forward, and hopefully get me back to work. No money coming in is just adding to an already very stressful situation and yet I am being told to be "compliant with follow up doctor visits." That is all well and good, but who is going to pay for all this gas to and from Phoenix, and not to mention the bills that are beginning to back up at enormous rate.....??? Sorry ... those are just some of the issues on top of my health, in which I have been forced to deal with, and often time, scattered and forgetful at best.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/patient-beware-stem-cells-harm/story?id=16042857#.T3m3p9Xd2Sq

OK ... to the link above  .... please don't let this latest news publicity stop you from pursuing stem cell treatment, or the belief that it holds key progress for so many. We see this sort of greedy behavior on so many levels. PLEASE, be diligent in your research, I told you before, your gut usually holds the right move. DO NOT ALLOW A FEW BAD APPLES to deteriorate what so many are striving to get done CORRECTLY. I see no real reason why a clinic, doctor, etc has to send off the cells to another facility and wait .... my cells were processed right in front of me ... they were handled with the utmost of care, right down to the 2 syringes that were held  back to be injected into my neck. Placed gently on my stomach and said "guard those!!" "Those are yours!!" ... the process and proper handling of the procedure is key to getting the results we need to bring the data of progress, hope, viability to the powers that be. We can't allow these greedy, no moral type doctors to take down an amazing group of doctors, scientists, bio-engineers, etc. to defray all the positive work being done. PLEASE .... be aware of what you are getting into. Those of us who are depending on this for a positive, healthy future, need the positive passion of those that are really on this to be cut down due to a few unscrupulous individuals that prey on the unfortunate, sometime desperate individuals looking for one last hope. Thank you ... for your continued open mindedness on this subject. I for one, will not give up as I have found a legitimate, human, passionate group of patients, doctors, scientists, etc ... looking our for my best interest for a healthy, happy future ... and that is why I will continue to support my team at Stem Genex for all the hard, diligent work they continue to do to stay legit in this often daunting situation of the powers that be and the greedy that look to take advantage of those less fortunate.

Have a great day ... be good to you, be good to each other!!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment