Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Tuesday March 1st ....

I can't believe that we are already into March 2011!!

Well ... I am so exhausted all I want to do is sleep, but part of me wants to get up and run. I am beginning to feel better in the breathing department and that is a huge relief. I am in disbelief how fast, and hard one can go down with respiratory distress. People have been commenting on how hard I sounded just trying to talk last week while also trying to breathe. It was pretty bad according to medical personal who were taking care of me last week in the hospital. It was sort of like drowning, and it was not in any way pleasant. I am happy to say that breathing is much easier now, and I am regaining strength, and hoping the energy comes back soon as well. I will see the doctor on Thrusday morning to get the okay to go back to work.

In the stemmie department, i think things continue to make progress. My gut was in a stand-still while hospitalized, but I think that it was in large part due to all the antibiotics and narcotics they were pumping me full of every 2-4 hours for days. I have, since being home, slowly resumed a motility process. My blood sugars remain incredibly stable given the fact I am on prednisone, and although I was running at 3 units per hour while hospitalized, they remained stable, and even dropped into a low 48 at one point. That is unheard of given past experiences. Prednisone, or any steroid derivative can reek havok on blood sugars and kidneys alike. I am pleased with the results thus far, given that I am not really happy I hit this "set back" in overall status.

Ok ... well ... today, I am going to try and do something, other than sleep. I am going to attempt to go to the grocery store ... lol ... oh boy, one of my faves!! NOT!!

I will try and check back in later, if not, it's because I needed a nap, and well ... will check back soon.

Peace and Light
et

2 comments:

  1. You should really try to take it easy for the entire week, as instructed. Don't push yourself and rest up while you can. Maybe just take a small walk or something. Going into public to shop may not be in your best interest just yet. Of course, you probably have already gone shopping by the time you are reading this -oh well ha.
    Rest up and be good.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you are right, but I must eat, and a few other necessities needed. Hillary has been more than accomodating the last month, and has been recapping me on what I apparently missed in my week inpatient, like lack of near no breath sounds ... which is/was incredibly dangerous and deadly. Her and her coworkers/peers took wonderful care of me. I am taking it slow, as I have no real other speed right now.
    Thanks for the good vibes and light!!
    et

    ReplyDelete