Sunday, March 20, 2011

HAPPY SPRING!!!


Good Morning to All !!!

It has only been recently that I have discovered that I can track where my activity is coming from here on the blog. (go figure!!) I always knew there was a way, it just wasn't until recently I had the energy to out and beyond most things I was comfortable with, and tried to keep it that way. In any event, I would love to know, and hear from some of the folks that may be reading from somewhere else, i.e., the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, and Canada. For multiple reasons, I would love to hear and spark discussion on what it may be like in the Country you live in, what has you reading this woman's blog about ... well ... I call it my "Bitchin' Blog" in reference as it has given me the opportunity to vent on issues I feel deeply about, and am sick of being walked on by agencies, and a few doctors, that don't want to look past thier wallets. I thought, at least at one time, a person who wanted to be a doctor/scientist, did so with a passion to make a difference, and not by lining the pockets of, but $$ and greed seemed to have taken over so many it is such a sad state of affairs.

As I have stated, I have met some pretty amazing people in the medical field over the last few years. I am amazed how many of our American doctors seem to feel they are being stifled. How sad is that??? I see it as such, especially when I have met a good dozen or more in just the past two years, who you can hear the frustration in thier voices, which in the end effects their methods and passion for the treatment of people. That is sad, I have heard the NIH referred to as the "National Institutes of Hell", I have heard multiple little placements for the FDA, ...LMAO ... which I can't help but agree with.... SAD.

Today, I am going to download my pump/meter and send it off to my endocrinologist in Phoenix, it's time to decrease the insulin, which I have done, down another 1/2 unit per hour (0.60), but need some guidance in how to break it down in the 24 hour phase. I often time find if someone else looks at my graphs that they see something I may have missed. You know, that check and balance thing... LOL ... so hopefully, but Tues. or Weds. I will have some more really positive news. I think some people thought this was going to be a "Cure" and I would no longer be diabetic. No, it is not a cure, YET!! It is in my opinion, that it is on its way to becoming the biggest factor in finding that cure that seems to be eluding so many people. I am more than pleased with what I am experiencing. To be honest with you all, I am not sure I could handle at this point, a way of life that would involve, no needle sticks, no finger sticks, no pump changing, no .. lots of things to just be wiped out of my life. I would have no clue what to do with my life. This thought process, and my day to day activities since I was a child wiped out, now that would be a life adjustment that would be overwhelming at best description. How totally amazing that sort of adjustment might be .... ??? (it's a ponder question folks :)


Back to that question, I really would love to hear from anyone from somewhere else (I think all my friends here in America are getting bored with me ... hehehehe ... )To hear what you are thinking of all this change, perhaps share where you are at in your life, do you have Type I, someone you know, someone you love, a child, spouse, etc. It's not that I am short on words, after 3 hours waiting on my car yesterday, the manager (who happens to be from MA) walked by while I was cutting my check and said "you still here? Boy can you talk!" in which my response was "Bite me!" See ya next time and have a great afternoon!" He giggled his way outside .... just odd encounters I have had with people I don't really know, but have sparked an .... I really am not sure what you call it as it has happened several times just in the past week. The manageing editor from the paper, our tax lady, who we see once a year, twice is she is lucky, she was hugging both of us, her face just lit up, the woman who helped me get my financing for the car at the dealership, she kept getting what I call the "willies" when she asked me questions about the treatment, and she couldn't get over how I looked, and she too, big hugs, and I don't know what else it is ... perhaps Tuesday nights article will shed some light, even for me. I do know that I deal with things sometime in what has been referred to as warped, but that has really worked for me over the years, It is real for me, I try to find something amusing, to ease my pain.

Ok ... well ... hopefully some more positive news this week. Also, HT will be home from work soon to go to bed (it is now 7:05) and I have friends coming over this afternoon, to go under the house for me and adjust the supports, help me move some appliances and a couple of other "manly duties" ... not having a man of my own, it is nice to have such good friends who offer up thier husbands to help me out .... LMAO ... I do the food and it works out pretty well as a working gathering> I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life!!! I have been so incredibly blessed ... yes, even a chronic disease seems like a blessing to me at times ... in the sense it has given me another way to view the world and those around me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
Peace and Light
et

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are still seeing wonderful and positive changes. Amen and sleep tight.
    Love ya,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great improvement in your health....amazing...always knew you'd triumph. Sending good karma, love and more hope for improvements each and every day. Am in sunny CA visiting family and friends but check in on your progress often.....xoxo Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO much Aunt Ann!! You are one of only 5-6 extended family who have been truly concerned and such a dedicated follower. You have no idea what that means to my heart, and how it sits in my mind. Even while on vacation!!! I will post the link for tomorrows newspaper followup for easy access... and the good karma is always welcome. My mother was always telling me at various stages of my life, "what goes around, comes around, be patient my love." Enjoy sunny? CA?? :) xoxo et

    ReplyDelete