Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tomorrow

Good Day!!

Well ... I feel pretty good ... overall. I am going to take today, do some much needed chores that have gone undone for WAY too long, and perhaps make this my last day of random napping. I need to spend the next few days getting my sleep hygiene back on track so that I can return to work next week without jeopardizing a setback. I really have had no choice but to listen to my body in recent weeks, all the recovery work going on in my body from cell level to the overall motivation of life.

I will meet with my doctor in the morning to review status, and clearance for return to work. My steroid taper will continue for a few more days, 6 or 8 I think. The stem cell interest was sparked in a big way last week while I was inpatient, today I will go make some more copies of info as my own personal PCP is now very interested witnessing what she did last week in my responses to such intense treatment. I am thrilled to share this information as I do feel it has been a wonderful and exciting happening for me. My blood sugars, in spite of steroids, are stable, and that in itself is a miracle given what sort of trouble they can have on diabetic blood sugars and kidney function. I am thrilled with this happening. My skin, is ... flipping beautiful if I do say so myself. Each day I see more elasticity, more "turgur" as Hillary puts it, the wrinkles I had so deeply embedded into my face, from stress, illness, decline in my own overall health, have diminished in such a way that almost everyone has noticed. My skin in general, is showing huge change in overall appearance. That is amazing stuff!!! My gut is back on track being home these past few days with a more normal flow of day-to-day food and activity. Blood flow to my feet, extremities, I can't even begin to think of what other sort of changes I may see in the coming weeks and months, and what to share. It has taken me 38 years of use and abuse of this body to get it to the status it was in prior to treatment. The ravage of disease wears a much deeper fault than a healthy person, and in today's society are any of us really healthy?? Think about it.... we have environmental factors that we either didn't have when we were kids, additive in almost everything we use in our day to day lives, we are afraid of dirt, which mother always said, "Wouldn't kill anyone," Killing us all. It just seems that life has gotten so fast, so electronic, so non personal, that we all move about life with no real connections. Don't get me wrong, I love my computer, TV, etc, but there are times that I long for a phone in which is plugged into a wall with a 30 foot cord. If you can't catch me that way, well ... then I guess you better leave a message and hope I get back to you. I miss that no one every answers their phones, if a caller ID tells you who is there, and you don't want to, well ... you don't pick it up. Good and bad, but I am missing a personal connection in life, and I have to admit, that in the past month, I have made personal connections that I will hold dear to me for the rest of my days. A connection, a brotherhood, a real life hope for good that can help many, many people, on many, many levels.

Ok ... well .... on that note, I have dishes and laundry to do and thus must start my day. I wish everyone a peaceful, productive, reflective day in which we can all come together to see a common ground of BETTER!!! We deserve it!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment