Thursday, March 17, 2011




Photo by:
Salina Sialega, Chino Valley Review Managing Editor

The above photo was taken earlier this week on an interview with the Chino Valley Review. Salina has done a wonderful job following my story and making sure we get it out to people in this area. It continues to be my belief that this sort of story gets out there!!! Too many people can benefit from this science/medicine. I researched and weeded through many, many companies, claims of "cure", and more than my share of "quacks", as they are out there, and as much as I find it to be a despicable play on people who are already desperate and in despair, they suck any remaining hope, trust, and life savings away from these people.

My advice; if you are seeking this sort of treatment, word of mouth is and can be the best form of advertisement. What would be even better ... was if the US government agencies that all have their hands (and in my opinion, their pockets) in the decisions that effect MY life, or yours, or a loved ones, they need to get on the ball, or get out of MY business, MY LIFE.

Let me tell you a little story as to yet another "screw me" moment by the powerful USA. I went to the pharmacy two weeks ago to fill my insulin prescription. Now, we all know that I CANNOT go with out, it is my life line. It is insulin or death, period, there is no in between, no substitute. I must have it. Well, my script is written for 3 bottles of Humalog per month, to be used in my pump. The tech brings it to the counter, rings it up and looks at me and says ... "That will be 336.00" ... well, first I wanted to shit, then I gasped, then I looked at the pharmacist and said, "Really?" ... "did you run it through the new insurance?"; "Yes, ma'am" (which is a term I can't stand being aimed at me... hehe). What could I say, I couldn't afford that cost .. needed or not, so I asked if I could just have one bottle at a time, he responds with sure, and proceeds to change out the paperwork and comes back with "That'll be $117."

Sorry folks ... but I see a HUGE problem with this sort of scenario. Let me tell you why. First, I work, I have insurance. I don't give a crap about the politics involved, what political party you associate with, as illness and chronic disease can strike anyone, it doesn't care if you are white, black, yellow, or green for that matter. Why is it, I could go online to where I get another drug, which has been prescribed to me and yet, it too, is not available in the US. I can get my insulin, same brand (because it isn't like they are going to cough up generics) same bottle, etc In Canada for $43/bottle!!??!! This is wrong on so many levels I can't begin to scratch the surface as one person. If it is happening to me, and it has on many occasions over the years, it is happening all over this country. The elderly who were your working class folk when I was a kid, like my parents, or more specific my mother, as she worked her entire life, except for the last 10 years of it, in which 8 of those left quality FAR below quantity, and I have to tell you, it was a give and take every month, can we afford all your meds this month and have enough left to pay basic needs, and eat too?? Again, I have lived it, advocated for my mother in regard to all the meds she was on at the time, 12, and whether they would eat too that month. I think this is disgusting for a nation such as ours that claims to be so generous, intelligent, on the cutting edge .... CRAP !!! We are being screwed as Capital Hill favors lobbyist for drug companies, and how to make it so difficult for the public to have even the slightest glimmer of hope that something better might come along, or better yet, can we afford it...?? These are questions that we really shouldn't have to worry ourselves to death about ... there is a chronic disease involved that is doing that for me, and you would think that all this cutting edge we have claimed in this country, we are so far behind other countries it is pathetic, and it would seem they waste more time with the trials of things that COULD help, so that they can drag it out and make more money off the process .... so much of this medicine/science will NEVER see the light of day in the good ol' USA because their agenda isn't cure, it's carve!!! Carve themselves a nice piggy bank while those looking for a glimmer of hope are left to be strung along on the ride. THIS MUST STOP!!!!

WE MUST BE HEARD, WE MUST MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!!

I wish I knew how I could do it ... short of winning a mega jackpot in the lottery, and even that would make a dent no one would notice, can I do it alone? I am always open to chat, communication, etc that might spark that tone of irritation with our so called people who represent us ... hhhhmmmm ... not sure what neighborhood that might be, but I can tell you I have NEVER lived in or even near it.

Ok .. well .. something else to ponder on I guess, but everyday I have an encounter, either personal or from someone in discussion, that makes me mad all over again on this topic.

I wish you all a wonderful, Spring weekend!! Get outside, enjoy the sunshine, I hope too.

Sweet dreams and good health!!
Peace and Light
ET

2 comments:

  1. As long as there is money to be made and pockets to be lined, there will be obstacles to overcome. Maybe someday the lobbyests will be banned and not get in the way of our lives.
    I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am irritating some people. I live, like so many others, with, and under all the BS circumstances placed by government agencies. The US is doing what I have dubbed "legal genecide." Can't just kill 'em off, so we will screw them blind, take thier life savings, and make them suffer through it all and ending with nothing, and then death. I don't care what your political affiliation, this isn't about a party as it has been going on for years now, demacrat, republicans, Tea baggers .. what ever... starts at the top and trickles down.

    Thanks for reading ... things are still good, and getting better every day. ET

    ReplyDelete