Thursday, March 3, 2011

Very Postive Day

Good Evening to everyone!!

What a great "test" day I had. I was up at my usual, pre-treatment time, 5:30. Me and Maggie did our usual morning ritual, slightly less fast paced seeing as I had some extra time. Coffee, news, breakfast, shower, make the bed, etc. Headed out to my doctor appointment about 9:30, stopped and paid my father's rent, made some copies to share stem cell info with my new PCP, Dr. Chase, who I am just thrilled with as she took such amazing care of me last week while a resident at YRMC here in Prescott. I faired a very good bill of health given the fact that last week my pulse-ox didn't clear 82, was today at 98% on room air. I am still on the steroid taper for about 4 more days, so then I should be able to restart my overview of treatment and where I stand on that level. As stated earlier, steroids do some pretty nasty stuff in large doses. My pump has been running at over 2 units/per hour for over a week to cover what the steroids do to blood sugars. I am happily on the taper off.

Blood work that was scheduled for my endocrinologist will have to be placed on hold for about 6 weeks so to clear all from system and hopefully get a realistic reading on my blood sugars as well as TSH, and overall control since treatment. The bilateral pneumonia was certainly a test, dodging another bullet is how my daughter put it, seeing as she recapped a few days and I am at a loss with all the antibiotics, narcotics, breathing treatments, and sleep (half-assed sleep at best). I have been doing a lot of resting, given all my body has encountered over the past 3short weeks, it is pretty amazing stuff. I can't hold back my enthusiasm for what has transpired within my body. I know that my attitude plays a role, but really, I am not sure how much of my attitude can play into the true happenings of chemical changes, physiology, cellular changes, all the scientific stuff that I have been .... well..... orgasmic ... LMAO ... over since treatment, the excitement can't be controlled, although I do try, it is hard not to see how I have taken on a new outlook overall.

The video clip posted prior to this post, if you just click on the center, will play the simple approach in which I underwent treatment. This company, AdiStem, is the protocol in which was used, and in researching of this company, they are doing amazing things with the science/medicine of stem cells. So I will promote both companies.

I also had my 3 week follow up call with ISCI and that was another positive in my day. I can't say enough about the care I received and the passion and humanity of the people I have dealt with.... and NO, I am not being paid by these people, (although I would love nothing more than to become a part of this amazing team). I will continue to pursue my research, continue to promote this institute and the work they do.

Ok ... well ... I know there is a whole lot more detail-wise that needs to be brought forward, but I have wash to fold and put away, and am about to chill down and call it an early evening with Maggie and the Thursday night lineup. I will make another post tomorrow with the dirty little details as to what will happen next.

I will also be returning to work bright and early Monday morning ... so a routine will have to come back into play pretty soon. But, with all the positive changes that have been happening, I am hoping for more energy and stamina to come back in the next 4-6 weeks, as well as the skin changes that will continue to get better according to patient advocate.

Life ... well ... is comfortable and content at present.

Peace and Light to all who continue to follow my progress!!
Have a wonderful evening!!
et

1 comment:

  1. : ) Glad to hear you are feeling better and looking beautiful!
    Talk soon,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete