Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Eve

Hello,

I am so ready for bed, a jacuzzi, a deep tissue massage, etc.
It is only Weds. and I am not sure what day I wish it were, but my body hurts beyond belief at the moment. My dinner is prepared and ready to hit the oven in the morning. I still have a few things to prepare that can wait until I am piddling around waiting .... for whatever.

My dad is here tonight, sleeping over ... LMAO ..... this is a first. He, Hilly, and myself did a lot of veggie preparing, and getting the bird all prepped (which was actually pretty funny) and Hilly doing my mom's famous, secret stuffing recipe. Mind you, I never paid much attention to this task, I was always just so incredibly happy to eat the stuff. In any event, I think Hillary did a beautiful job and it is mighty tasty and smells heavenly. My mom would be VERY proud of her !!
The loss of my mother has really set in, for all of us I think. My father is realizing that things have to change, it is inevitable, and I will admit, It SUCKS to get old. We will share dinner and drinks with a cousin and a British friend, and hopefully, my kitchen will be clean when the day ends, and I will be able to go to bed early, and content. I really feel like I would like to have 2, maybe 3 days of just being left alone, not to get out of my comfy clothes, and to just catch up on my sleep, but I know it isn't going to happen. The only time I do get to accomplish this is when I am in a hospital...... LOL ...... just let me be to catch up on my rest.

Okay .... well suddenly, (been 20 minutes since I walked away from the PC) the whole house has gone to bed, I am still doing laundry and dishes. So I will tell you about the phone call I received this afternoon from the transplant nurse coordinator. I was shocked, and a little disappointed. I will fill you in tomorrow.

Rest well, and to all, a Very Happy Thanksgiving !!!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment