Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanks !!

Hi Everyone!!

Sort of a busy day, lots of buzz about the newspaper article. Hillary was thrilled to have one shot looking just like several floating around out there of her mom and her grandma in the same sort of "Bustin' out" sort of laugh!!! Must be genetic !!!

I had 11 hours in today. In part to make up some time, and cause I made a mistake and needed to make it good. I hate it when that happens. Always when there is a hundren things going on and the piles are high. In any event, it got done, the day is over, the coffee is on for morning, and I will be crawling in on those pillows shortly.

I was glad I was able to stay so busy today, as I was and still am, with that underlying nervousness in my stomach at to how my paperwork went before the team today. I am hoping for a call sometime tomorrow. I am really hoping it all went well and the next step is planning the trip for typing, cross matching, and whatever else they might want to do to me prior to the transplant. It is a little nerve rattling to say the least. I am trying to keep my calm, keep my focus as I still have a job to tend to, and a home to try and get into some sort of shape, and then there is that whole "family thing." Which seems to be dwindling away .... as no one seems to want to look at the truth of the matter, and it is easier to make judgements from 3000 miles away to someones mental state, or the demands placed on me to take care of them. So .... I "will do what I need to do" and know I took care of the business at hand, and thanks to all those who were free to throw the judgements.

Alrighty then .... moving right along. It seems most who read it were pleased with the article. I, of course, picked up on typos, missing words, and a couple of misinformative statements, but really no big deal in the big picture. It was a great start to what may be a long road. I have such hope in this procedure. The new technologies, the new drug regimens, steroid free, making it a lot more easy on the kidneys. That was a factor I took pretty seriously, as I have had no kidney issues up to this point. I have been on multiple rounds of steroids at various times to treat upper respiratory infections, and they do a great deal of damage to kidneys and blood sugars. I usually change out my pump every 2/12 to 3 days, and when taking a 10-14 day round of steroids, can change it every day to day and one-half. That is a HUGE difference in the insulin intake and a very good indication of how hard the kidneys are working to rid the body of those inpurities. (Gotta love those little filters !! ) Body humor ...... LMAO ...... goes right along with the language.

Ok ... well .... I am pretty tired, but I do have this great topic for either tomorrow or Fridays' entry. Some of the younger followers might find it cool!! I always admire those that plow forward in the face of adversity. To me, those people are true winners !!! Famous or not, we are all have a story to tell, and it is my hope, that some of my stories of living with this disease, and the damage it can do to the body long-term, even in the best of situations, (which most people don't really encounter on a regular basis, IMHO) can help someone else in some way.

Until tomorrow,
have a wonderful night !!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment