Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Good Morning .... and a Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!

I am exceptionally thankful for the people in my life. The support, encouragement, friendships, and love and caring expressed to me, more deeply in recent months. I always knew it was there, but when it pours out, it can be incredibly overwhelming.

My bird in the oven, my cider is simmering, my pies are made, veggies are prepped .... now we wait to make ourselves sick....LOL. This time of year always proves to be a feat with blood sugar control, due to all the carb hearty contributions, and sweet treats. I do pace myself ... LOL .... and try to keep a tight control on it. But, like every other day of the year, I do not sweat if a blood sugar goes slightly above my range. It happens, and as long as I get a handle on it quickly, and I do, it is all good. You can't have unrealistic expectations on control, life happens, and as I have always played the game, it is how we deal with it that makes the difference.

Ok ... well .... I need to get in the shower as my tank needs to be refilled (pump change) .... LOL ..... can't tackle these sorts of stressful days for some, I say, this is it, sit down, relax, reminisce, laugh, and enjoy!!! I still have some things to put away and cut up .... veggies for the dip.

I will, again, inform of the call from Debbie, the transplant nurse, later this evening when I have time to myself and the clarity. As I have been thinking about it since yesterday.

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL day ..... enjoy those you are with and be THANKFUL!!!

love
et

1 comment: