Monday, November 9, 2009

Exciting News !!


(Hillary, my baby girl and biggest fan, and myself taken last month)
Hi Everyone!!


I spoke with the local newspaper this morning. The woman I spoke with is going to meet Hillary, myself, and my boss, (my other co-workers as well) on Thursday morning at the clinic to take some photos for a newspaper story. She is going to collect a little "social" input on me I guess, as well as focus on the proposal letter that Hillary had written to muster support. She is also going to spread the article to two other local newspapers for running of the cause. The way the area is set up out here, us living in Chino Valley, me working in Prescott Valley, and Hilly working for the hospital in Prescott, we have what we call here as the Quad-city area covered !!!!


This is a little nerve-racking for me as we wind down to the ultimate "Virgin" trip to San Francisco. Being a comic and being told I missed my calling, it really has been my method of coping over the years. Under it all, I like my privacy, so to be throwing myself out there, is a bit humbling, and an odd feeling to be described as "Inspiring." .... I'm sorry, but I really have to laugh at this comment. I am truly touched that the people I have encountered in my life, the ones who have experienced me in the full sense of the term, find me inspiring. I am going about life as I believe we all should. Hopeful for a better tomorrow, for everyone.


As far as this cause, yes, I hope to benefit with the travel funds to accomplish the goal with as little stress as possible on my system. I have a life time of practice in coping with the stress of life. So, I guess I better get a little more focused here on my educating process.


When details are complete I will post the link to the local newspapers, as well as the article. The woman I spoke with, (I don't want to use her name for privacy reasons) .... was very enthusiastic about the whole adventure, and Hillary as the driving force behind me in pushing me to go ahead with this. Risks vs. benefits .... there are risks to everything we do in life. To walk in my shoes for a few days these days would give just about anyone the hope I see in taking on this decision. I have lived WAY longer than most professionals ever gave me credit for, and I have done lots of things, good, and not-so-good decisions which I of course have paid for a time or two, but with no real regrets, as all of my encounters, happenings, joys, heartaches, etc. have all played a part in who I am and how I cope with what some have told me they could never handle. I believe we all have the capacity to effect another life, and with the faith in a God that is all mightier than we, most of us can acquire the personal, inner strength to overcome.


So ... with that being said .... things should start taking off pretty soon!! I am excited and so incredibly nervous as to how I will be received. If for nothing else, even if my transplant should not take (not a thought for me at this point), my venture will without a doubt help others to live longer, healthier, productive lives ..... and perhaps ..... maybe one step closer to a cure for this dreaded disease which continues to kill thousands every year.


On another note, I believe, the paper trail of requested information is in its last phase. I also spoke with the last doctor to send off information about my digestive complications today, and my last packet of documentation will go out Thursday. Now, if my new friend, Debbie, who is a joy to talk with on the phone, and is the transplant RN, has no further requests ..... it won't be long !!!! I am seeing at least a 20 pound weight loss in my near future .... who knows ... I may be hot again yet !!! ....LOL ..... not that the getting old thing has really bothered me :) ...as everything after 21 has pretty much been a gift !!!


Will update again in a day or two.

Thanks to all who have come forward to let their feelings be known, and their support shine, it is deeply felt and appreciated by my heart and soul!!


Enjoy your evening !!

et

No comments:

Post a Comment