Saturday, November 14, 2009

Diabetes awareness month

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=112126


The above link is to the speech before congress given recently my Mary Tyler Moore, who is the International Chairperson for the JDRF. She has a recently published new book out detailing her life living with Type 1 diabetes, and although she was diagnosed in her 30's, she has suffered with this disease approximately 40 years. With me at 37 years, MTM at 40 years .... well ... you can make your own comparisons .... but the outlook begins to look extremely bleak. All the proceeds from this book are being donated to the JDRF !!!! How wonderful is that ??!!

So with that being said, join me in supporting the JDRF during the month of November, which is diabetes awareness month.

Coming up on December 12th is our "Mungo Yard Sale" .... LOL ..... to benefit me and to help with the travel expense, which will no doubt be starting fast after next week. This past week has been very difficult for me, with remembering my mom, the transplant call, everyday life of keeping up with work, my father, having to go to the dentist (one more visit with him and I am transplant ready!) I am anxious, nervous, disappointed in my siblings (I know, I have no control over others behaviors), but it hurts to think that they can be so self-absorbed. Therefore, I have decided that I will inform them, and after that, the call is theirs. Just to reaffirm an earlier post, EVERYONE has issues in life, and to reference one of my favorite quotes "Life is not what it's suppose to be, it's what it is, it is how we deal with it that makes the difference!" I don't remember who actually said it, but I had it on my fridge for years ..... way back when, and it has always held true for me. In my heart, I know my brothers love me, and perhaps will even miss me when I am gone..... LOL .... but I have learned in the loss of many friends, lost way to early, with so much to give, that life doesn't wait for anyone. To hold grudges, for whatever the "issue" is not my method .... do I believe one should shed themselves of toxic relationships ?? You bet your ass I do, I have had to shed a couple in my own life, they just did not help my health at all..... and we have no control over others actions or behaviors ..... do what you have to, try not to intentionally hurt others, but let it go and move on with the future. This is where I am at.

There is a potentially new beginning for me ..... that is so incredibly scary.... yet exciting as well. The hopes of being able to live ..... without .... or with a whole lot less poking .... would be something I have never know. My finger tips have these little purple calluses on the 3 fingers of each hand which I use repeatedly to check my blood sugars 6-8 time each day. Sometimes, they don't even bleed ..... LOL ..... "man hands!"

Anyway .... just to recap, any funds acquired to help in my travel for this life changing journey which are not used at the end of the trial period, will also be donated to the JDRF for continued research. They really have made remarkable progress in the research for a cure, and I am a HUGE advocate for the stem cell aspect. That is where the "C" will be found for many devastating diseases, including the Parkinson's which my mother was suffering from in the end. Stem cell research needs to be allowed to help the next generation ..... I realize for many it is a moral issue, perhaps when one of these deadly diseases hits someone close to them, they will see the other side of the story. It can be a difficult call .... that is why "ETHICS" are a great thing.

Okay ..... it is 6:30 am now and I have some cleaning to do as my house looks like Iwo Jima !!! LOL ...... There are times, most days actually, I just don't have thy physical energy or muscle strength to get everything I WANT done.... so I do one of two things....... push myself hard and pay big time, or say "F" it ..... it will be there tomorrow. (I learned that one from my mom ... LOL) .... and if it bothers you, feel free to clean it up !!! :D

Wishing all a wonderful weekend !!!
Next week will no doubt be another fun filled, anticipating week. Thanks for following !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment