Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today's edition

Good Morning my faithful followers !!!
(I love that line :D )

Well ... early this morning I ran down to the market to pick up some muffins and the Sunday paper. Much to my surprise, like a delayed reaction, I began laughing ... sort of a nervous, OMG sort of chuckle. There, plastered across what they refer to as a Mast, the header to the paper, was my mug, and Hillary's laughing head shot!!!!! ..... I was shocked to the point of nausea.

I figured the Courier would just do a little blurb of the original article, not plaster us on the front page with the article to run inside the Vitality section. Which I was thrilled to see shared space with the first robotic kidney surgery done at Flagstaff Medical Center on a Prescott patient. (Very cool stuff). I really do get into this medical stuff, it is absolutely fascinating some of the technology and science that has come into play. A never-ending learning process.

As for me, I do have a lot of cleaning up to do as I will be having my dad, and a couple of friends to dinner on Thanksgiving, and I have to work until Wednesday. I often times don't have the stamina to get all the things on my long list of to-do's completed when I would like them done, therefore, I come across as scattered, often disorganized at times. To me, that is incredibly frustrating. If I have any sort of an episode, I might as well kiss my plans goodbye, as the time lost in recouping back to a normal state, is physically and mentally wearing. I don't believe it was always as bad as it is now. I always thought I bounced back pretty well, at least that is what people have told me. I have been rather lucky in that respect, I have not, as of yet, had any real issues with healing, (been operated on more times than I can count) and seem to make a fairly full recovery. My last surgery being just this past May to have my nose and sinuses fixed. That was such a pleasant ride ..... Not sure how my friends, J&P, tolerated me for those 10 days !!! They are some of the best people !!!

Okay .... well.... Hilly is doing a half-shift today, and I have some cleaning up to do for the holiday. Maggie is shedding like a field of pollen, so she needs to be out and brushed yet again today. She should be bald !!! I can't believe the hair that comes off that animal, but she is just too cute for me to be worried about it.

Things are starting to get rolling here so I really have to keep a focus on the things that need to be addressed, which includes staying on top of my job. There is so much reading involved to stay on top of the codes, and law changes. Always something new.

To everyone, enjoy this wonderful day!!
I hope to get on to address the holiday happenings, and stress levels, and how they can affect blood sugars .... this can be a horrendous time of year for many, then add that chronic disease, and you could literally be screwed!! Stay focused, don't sweat the little stuff, and usually, it all falls into place. KEEP IT REAL !!!

Talk soon!!
et

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bink,
    It was great talking with you Sunday. I had a lot of catching up to do with your blog- you have been good about posting a lot and I have been bad at checking your blog out -sorry.
    I planned on reading for a bit, then doing some much needed housework. Needless to say, I have been reading for a couple of hours-boy you have a lot to share. I just printed up your fact sheet on what it was like to have diabetes in the past and what it is now. I didn't know some of the facts and my head is spinning a little. I am going to make my son read the list and strike up a conversation about how he can better control his sugars. Wish me luck on that one ha.
    I want to say that you are being completely honest and forthcoming on your blog and it is mind boggling. You are really a terrific person. I guess I always knew this, I just needed to be reminded ha. Who'd of thunk you could write with such emotion and passion?? I am enjoying your postings and am glad that you are doing it. Even though I may not be able to check out your blog as often as I would like (the job thing gets in my way a lot) I will have you on my mind. I will be sending postive thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you will be able to feel them. Good luck with the yard sale. "Fred" sure has been working her tail off. She sounds like such an amazing young lady. I agree with your earlier posting; having "Fred" was a blessing.
    I better get going. My computer room (a.k.a. Rickie's old bedroom) needs some major attention. I have to carve paths in the books and paperwork just to make a copy. Ok, so maybe it is not that bad, but I need some uninterrupted time to get things organized. I have to get in the "cleaning mode" in order to get things done. Needless to say, that mode does not get turned on enough ha.
    I will try to check in later on today or tomorrow. I am going to encourage my kids to check out your blog too. I think it would be rather neat for them to "get to know you" in a different light. I think they remember you from your visits to Mom and Dad's, but I want them to witness the brave, compassionate, funny individual that is "putting it all out there" for the world to see. Just for the record - you rock! Rock on little buddy.
    Love,
    Deb
    p.s. I have missed your sense of humor. It was nice laughing with you on Sunday too. God bless.

    ReplyDelete