Friday, November 6, 2009

TGIF !!

Good evening !!

Well .... TGIF .... I have been home for about two hours and I am just finishing up a tape for the doctor I work from home for. I managed to choke down some dinner, played with Maggie, went outside for while .... and then ..... clean the rug !! This lovely pup of mine (Maggie can be seen in the photo off to the right) has an underwear fetish !! LOL ..... she is a wonderful dog, has never chewed the furniture, house trained really easily, etc., etc., but when it comes to underwear this dog doesn't just chew them .... she swallows them whole !!! I have no clue when she grabbed this pair, I am thinking yesterday morning while attempting to get my day going .... out of my room when she dashes in in the mornings as I get ready for work. I place them in a hamper (bucket) that is fairly high, but my little precious just walks right up and sticks her nose in .... so I am down yet another pair!! That is two in one week !!! In any event, she proceeded to throw them up after we got done playing tonight. Hmmmmm ...... at the rate she is going I may have to go for that commando look .... eeeewww.... not at my age !! I didn't think she had actually swallowed anything yesterday morning, as I had just taken away a sock, didn't think she had enough time to grab anything else.... and things seemed to be going through as normal .... she ate, like most labs do ..... a lot !! LMAO ...... she just blows me away sometimes .... and tonight Hillary kept saying "why is she so foamy" .... sort of frothing just before she blew the skivvies .... ;D ..... anyway ... she is laying quietly in her crate now. Too much excitement I guess. We will go lay and watch some television in a while. We try and "chill" for an hour or so at night, she likes to lay with me and she is so totally engrossed in the television that I get a bigger kick out of watching her than whatever might be on the TV.

No new news this week from the "Team" .... I am hoping that it will only be a few more weeks before I get that call to set up the initial meeting of the transplant team I have great hopes that 2010 holds a new outlook for my life and that I can look forward to living a little longer still, (I'm still waiting for my prince you know) I believe the uncertainty of my future is sort of wearing on my little one .... (almost 21 year old little one) .... we have discussed this and she assures me that she WANTS me to have this done, it is the uncertainty of what may or could potentially happen in the mean time. I, like I always have, told her .... some things in life are out of our control, and it has been best for me to just go about life as it comes. I refuse, to sit, and just wait to die. There are things to do, and I figure as long I am out and about doing them, then I am allowing the Gods to go about their business, if I fall into the big scheme of things, so be it. I can only control me, and even then, I really don't have a lot of control these days. Things happen for no apparent reason, usually at some of the most inopportune times. For instance, last night, Hillary left for work about 6:00 PM, I know I had dinner as she has dinner all made when I got home from work. I know I had plugged in for my dinner (insulin to be infused through my pump) for a period of one hour. (My digestive tract has suffered damage due to the disease known as "gastroparesis"). Somewhere .... not sure of what time it was, I am pretty sure I was already in bed, I felt weird, nauseated, so I got up and checked my finger, 42 is my last recollection (it is my realm that BS under 50 become potentially critical rather quickly). . I have no idea what I ate, or how much of anything I put in my mouth, and apparently went back to bed. Needless to say, when I got up this morning, I was over the top 400+ These are the episodes that set Hillary on edge as I am alone, what can the dog really do for me??? She is only 10 months old, and it takes a lot of money to train a dog to pick up on this sort of stuff. My last lab, Shadow, could always tell when my blood sugar had bottomed out and she would pace the perimeter of the bed, bouncing to make it move until I got so irritated I would get up and do something. I always thought that was a pretty neat trait for a dog that we rescued. She was always right by my side and slept my the side of my bed. Not in it, beside it. Perhaps it is a scent ?? Don't know, but pretty impressive just the same. Maggie still has some learning to do, and a little more time in the house with me before I trust her to sleep next to bed unsupervised .... (given the underwear thefts ;)~

Okay ... one more note tonight and that is Hillary was accepted into the nursing program yesterday, scoring up there on the point scale allowing her top pick at the day program. Not really positive about how the whole process works. All I know is that she was ecstatic when I got home, fearing she had been overlooked for not having enough points, or scoring well on her exam. I KNEW she was going to get it .... the child really needs to elevate her assurance in herself, she is an excellent student, and a very intelligent girl. Like all of us, some test anxiety, a question of second guessing. I know she has what it takes to be what ever she wants to be and do it to her expectations .... which are pretty high. I will say, she has a backup plan this time around in the event she was not accepted this time around. But, SHE WAS!!! So she will begin her nursing portion of the program in the Spring semester.

On that note, I would like to wish everyone a FANTASTIC weekend !!

et

No comments:

Post a Comment