Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Followers

Just wanted to give a shout out to David, my newest follower here on the page. Please feel free to make comments as I see you too, have undergone treatment using your bone marrow. I would love to know how you responded, and changes that perhaps you have undergone. We could do comparisons of the treatments.

I will say that I was overjoyed to know that I could have my treatment done without the totally invasive treatment involving the bone marrow withdrawal, or having to spend a long time in a country I was unfamiliar with and having to do it alone.

Thanks again for tagging along. Together, along with Kathy, who underwent the Islet Cell transplant via trial here in the states, is doing wonderful!! and Sandra, whose son also underwent an adult stem cell treatment and he too, continues to thrive!!! For Sandra's son, G, I wish the very best as he is still a young boy who shouldn't be held back in any way, shape, or form, I continue to believe and have the passion to pursue this science and hopes for a cure.

Again, together, we can make a huge difference. It takes the whole village, and our voices to make a dent.

To all those readers/followers who do so annonymously, I appreciate your looking in as well. I remain totatlly amazed that so many, from all over the world, yesterday I had more readers from Japan than I had here in the states, Canada pulled up with the 3rd largest group of hits. This really does blow me away being just a lower-middle class, hard working, minimally college educated, single mom, and above all, a woman trying to survive the best way I know how, making some sort of difference, if nothing else .... promoting awareness!!!

With continued good health to all!!
Peace and Light
et

2 comments:

  1. Binki:
    Is there any chance that you might get into the trials in the US. I'll bet it's free because it's in the trial stage. How did the woman and her son get into it? Do you know?
    Hope your yard work goes well. I planted two blueberry bushes, two rose bushes and two heather plants yesterday. A lot of work, so you're luck to be having it done by someone. Send me some before and after picturs on my email if you get a chance.
    Love and prayers
    Mom D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to your questions. When I went to San Francisco that was a trial, treatment may be covered due to trial status, but the drugs required for the rest of ones life, I can't only imagine what sort of cost that might add up to. I was rejected based on a high PRA level making me ineligible. This means that I would wait longer for a donor, higher chance of rejection, and more difficult to match based on that result. That will be info I can use in the future, chances are if something were to happen that I would need a transplant, I would most likely give it up as one can only fight so long. Kathy had the islet trial transplant done, the other woman, Sandra, took her son to Argentina for adult stem cell treatment, like I had only from his bone marrow.

    Will try and get some pics, maybe this weekend while I am out puttering around.

    thanks for always keeping me in your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete