Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I this most spiritual season, I would like to offer Easter Greetings and Blessings to all who have been following me and my journey.

I am home from work today as I just couldn't get myself to function in a manner in which I was safe driving and being too far away from my own comfort zone. Yes, that is the happenings of this morning ... repeatedly ... takes bloat to a whole new level.

Yesterday was my first day on no prednisone and I can't tell you the uncomfortable status I was in. It started early yesterday morning on my way to work at 6:45 AM. I had sinus pressure which has continued but is slightly relieved with the Claritin D. I stopped at the car wash to hose down the vehicle after having ventured out into the dirt on Thursday to order landscaping. While I was sitting in the car wash I had all these weird sensations going on in my body, my head, forehead, base of my skull, both areas feeling as though someone was forcing an ice pick into the tissues. From the car wash I thought I would do something nice for the girls in the office and bring in donuts. So I am on my way into the store when as soon as I came through the door the place started spinning!! I was overwhelmed as I didn't seem to have a whole lot of control on my movement, I must have looked like I was smashed at 7AM!! I proceeded to stagger to the back of the store, trying very hard not to go down. I managed, after 15 minutes to get the box loaded and get out of there. 15 Minutes!! The rest of the day didn't go much better. It progressively got worse. I spent the whole day holding my head in my hand, trying to focus as a majority of my job requires reading, I wasn't doing such a good job. By lunch time, the aura around my vision was such that I could not focus on anything. Nothing was clear and it was making me sick to my stomach. In any event, it continued until at 4 PM I said ... well ... you guessed it, F'it!! and packed up to come home. At this point, I had these two big pouches under my eyes in which my coworker started calling them the quads!! They were twitching and looked like they had heart beats of their very own!! Not attractive by any means. So I managed to get home in what seemed like a longer than the normal 30 minute ride. Not being in an hour I couldn't take the pain and throbbing of my joints, the knot in my neck, my head feeling like it was about to explode, etc. All these so-called symptoms, a direct result of this flipping steroid!!

After some research into what can happen while taking and/or stopping this drug I have concluded that I will not take it again. PERIOD!! It can mess with my vision, cause gastric bleeds, not to mention the swelling and immediate weight gain that can come along as an added bonus. Ok, so it works in some aspects, but in my opinion, the side effects and/or negative effects it could cause are far worse than the problem in which one might take it. For me anyway ... I'm not willing to risk my kidney function, my vision, and/or my gut to breathe!! .... LOL ... there must be a better, less intrusive way to keep the airways open in situations such as the last one in which I was told it was allergy related asthma. Whatever, I find it hard to believe I have had allergies for years, I come to AZ where the air is suppose to be really good for people with breathing issues and find this to be BS at best.

Anyway ... my joints are tender and inflamed today. Am about to take my Claritin and a couple of Aleve, something I haven't done but once since treatment!!

My hopes are that by Monday this crap will have cleared my body in the worse case scenario and I will begin to feel better all over again. These last few weeks have really just got me frustrated in the sense that the prednisone is directly responsible for the rise in my A1c reading coming back at 8.1!! Now my reasoning is usually not quite so harsh as I know what caused it, but I can't change it even doing the best I could to keep a handle on the rising BGs. Corticosteroids make it VERY difficult to manage blood sugars, insulin resistance is a large side effect.

Anyway ... I am hopeful for just this one last day of feeling like crap ... and then will be as with the season, be reborn again as well!!

I would like to wish everyone a very peaceful and joyous Easter weekend!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment