Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strange inflamatory responses

Hello All!!

I have had some strange inflammation going on this past week. I am concerned about it being directly related to the prednisone I have been on for so many weeks since my treatment. It will be 3 months (12 weeks) on May 9th that my treatment was done. I am already prepared to undergo it again given what my body has endured since this time.

Going into treatment fighting that URI and subsequent pneumonia was no doubt not in my best interest. Then again, I get to thinking about it and think it is the doctors who had been treating me since December who should have thought to do a chest X-Ray!!! I am so glad that the people, one in particular, is no longer my PCP given the 3-4 times she has totally mistreated certain encounters. First the trying to prescribe a Type II drug because my A1c came back high and when I refused the threatened me with noting my "noncompliance." WTF .... these people with the professional degrees have some out-of this-world ego going on. When I explained to her that I was a type I and that drug could kill me she blew me off like I didn't have a clue!! Well, I soon found myself a new Endocrinologist given my PCP was so totally uninformed it was not something I was going to deal with. This endocrinologist at the time wrote a not so nice letter to this provider. Point made, but my future encounters with this woman were far from pleasant, like my wrist, which turned into a totally incorrect treatment, my foot, which landed me in a boot for 4 months due to her "knowledge." Ok ... in any event .... This past week my lower legs, from the back of my knees down have been swollen to the point of pitting edema by the time I get home from work. My ankles have ached, my hands are somewhat swollen, neck is stiff again .... all this had completely disappeared after treatment. I haven't taken anything except a couple of Tylenol since treatment until this past week. I don't know what it could possibly be other than the being on all of this steroid based prednisone for so many weeks since treatment and the subsequent withdrawal from my system, the last dose being only a week or so ago. Any ideas?? I know the allergy response this season has been beyond belief for almost everyone I have encountered.


I am sort of at a loss. The good thing, I think, is that I have to travel to Phoenix on Monday afternoon for an appointment with my endocrinologist. I know she is not going to be happy that my most recent A1c came back at 8.1!! I was not thrilled with that result either given what I have invested and the overload of steroid drugs since. Come on really...??? Does she really think this is the outcome I was hoping for?? I will be open, honest, and continue to search for better ways to deal with some of my issues. Remember, these are my issues, although we may share some, I only share the things that I have found work for me. That doesn't nessasarily mean that they will work for you. I will continue to say that my gut improvement since treatment has been out of this world. I can't get over the response and I had no idea that this result would happen, I didn't even think of the gastroparesis as an area of benefit. I thought "side effect, long term effect." Who would have imagined that this area would be one of the first to respond?? It has made such a difference in my stabilizing blood sugars as with motility, comes digestion, comes movement, comes eventual stability due to the absorbtion properties!! All good stuff!!

I am going to have to wait 7-12 months before another treatment, this is my goal, and suggested time frame. I will need to figure out how to finance this venture having been so blessed the first time around with the generous donation, I can't expect that to go on. I would love to work for this company, not only for the belief I have in the applied science, but because I received such great care. Compassionate, caring, and truely amazing care for me as a human being. I felt no pressure, no fake or red flag raising comments that would lead one to search elsewhere. Which I encountered with the first couple of organizations I contacted. The International Stem Cell Institute was a very informed, very legitimate, and positive outcome based organization. We must remember that as consumers it is up to us to do the research, go with your gut, go with research, but know that everyone responds differently and perhaps your outcome may not be as positive as anothers, or you may respond totally opposite and reap benefits, like myself, you had no idea could or would happen. This is what I find so amazing about science. The theroy and application process in which we get our results.

Ok folks, I have some yard work to attempt and my creepy neighbor is out back which will keep me out of that area for a while, but there is still the front area to accomplish.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!!
Be well!! Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. Boy that doctor sure is a nut. I'm glad you are not going to her anymore. You know your body and what will help it, so stick with your gut feelings. How could she think a type ll drug would help you?
    I'm sorry your swelling has come back. Hopefully when you have been off the med's for longer it will go away.
    As always my prayers and thoughts are with you and Hillery.
    love Mom D

    ReplyDelete