Sunday, April 10, 2011

It would appear that I have irritated a PhD

The below post was made in response to a comment I made on LinkedIn this morning. Apparently, I done ticked this person off a bit, or so it reads to me. My response to this post is in bold below it, on my own page, as I find her statement very contradictory in nature.

Regenerative medicine speaks to the outcome of healing - that it is regenerative, not reparative. Stem cells are a tool that can be used to achieve a regenerative outcome. Not all applications using stem cells will be regenerative. Similarly, not all regenerative medical products will use stem cells. The two terms are not the same. If they are used interchangeably, the person speaking is basically not being disciplined in their use of language.

Posted by Belinda J Wagner, PhD

So, it would seem that in Dr. Wagner's interpretation I am not disciplined in my use of language.

Rather than take this argument back to the LinkedIn page, wouldn't want it to jeopardize any work/advocate related issues I may pursue. Here is my take on the above comment.

It would appear to me, in all my reading and research over the past couple of years, and going back many more, that regenerative vs. repairative are terms being used interchangably here in the Good Ol' United States to benefit those looking to make a buck rather than bringing the science to light in an open and honest forum.

Yes, I would like to address Dr. Wagner, so I will do it here and tell her that I did seek treatment with stem cells/PRP treatment for repairative reasons. I was dying, a slow death, with NO real help from the medical community here in the states. Like so many others, I went to the extreme of Medical Tourism, and sought treatment being used in other countries for years with just that in mind. I did lots of research and weeded through plenty of quacks and those looking to take advantage of those looking for a better way. The "regenerative" properties I experienced were all to well known as a benefit of such treatment, and the two terms do in fact, go hand and hand. To a "lay-person" regenerating, means repairing, to make better.
That is my story and I am sticking to it!! Perhaps I better brush up my political correctness to play well with those in the United States that feel it is ok to pull the wool over consumers eyes with thier mastery of the language. I may not be a PhD, or a doctor of medicine, or a scientist, but I am a consumer, a consumer with multiple medical issues that are potentially fatal, who has dealt with this politcal BS for most of my life and am tired of those who feel they sit so much higher then those of us who suffer and only want a better life, a quality life. As I have stated before, I will take quality over quantity anyday.

Put that in any language you like!!!
I too, want it all to be a legitimate game plan, but lets be real people, seems as those that play heavily on the "language", i.e., political types, are those with the richly lined pockets, looking out more for thier own best interests, rather than those in the need of these treatments NOW!!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment