Thursday, February 17, 2011

First day back at it ...

Hello ...

Well, I managed to get back to work today after a not-so-great night of sleep. I thought I was doing really well, until about 2 and then I decided to come home. I was having a hard time getting a good breath and it was like suddenly I just had to get some sleep. I got home and fell right to sleep for a little over an hour. My body is in serious "repair mode" and apparently, as I am told by my patient advocate, that it will take some time as there is a lot of work going on in here and those stem cells will not take a day off. I know that each day will get better and better, but this first week has been not only remarkable, but really like running some sort of marathon.

So ... I have pulled some numbers in which I will post over the weekend as far as what my blood work read prior to treatment, and what it will read after the fact, as we move ahead. So far, I can't believe how stable my blood sugars have been!! It is beyond even my belief. It has been so long since the "juggling" has been this easy. In 1995 I was diagnosed with the gastroparesis, a form of paralysis of the digestive tract. With this complication came months of a liquid diet, and then I began playing with what would, and what would not agree with my system, much to the annoyance of others at times. I try to not eat a lot in any one sitting, which makes for a pretty cheap date guys ... LOL ..... on the serious side, this kept dating to a minimal at best, and eating in general was just not something I enjoyed anymore. What to eat, how much to eat, how long would it "sit" in my gut before it hit the digestive process, which in turn threw insulin intake into a juggling act that since that time, has been a full-time+ job and often times, not a win-win situation. The timing is unpredictable, which is why I often time kept menu options to the "same shit, different day" .... since treatment last week I have continued to keep my meal options minimal, and simple, as I know pretty much how I respond, or so I thought. I have had movement in my gut that I have not had in years, food is moving through at a fast pace. I know this as my square wave bolus has had to be adjusted. This is all really good news and so unbelievable given the time frame since the treatment occurred. A few other things already mentioned was my skin texture is changing daily, and apparently very noticeable as everyone who encountered me today told me how wonderful I looked!!! My constant brain fog of long lasting effects has cleared to the point that my daughter is ecstatic already with changes she has seen. I have asked her to make entries into my journal for report to the doctors as someone who lives with me and has no doubt picked up on things that I tend to either forget, or never picked up on to start with. All I know, is that she is one nursing student that is on the cutting edge of potential for so many and seeing it first hand, from both sides, and becoming, like her mother, totally enraged as to why these practices are being silenced in the United States.

Anyway ... lots of changes still happening. I want to share all the dirty details, as embarrassing as some of it may be, it has been my life, and I can guarantee that it is a part of someone elses as well, and I want them to know, it can change, and it can change for the better!!! We need to collaboratively raise our voices and be heard as to what we want, and we want it now. There is no need for big pharmaceuticals to get rich off of people like me and so many like me, working class poor people that try the best they can even with insurance and often times must weigh pros and cons, and not always agreeing with a medical professional. In my opinion, and it has been my practice more so than not, that although doctors have a ton of education, and perhaps, personal experience, many of them, don't have a clue to the whole, real person they are dealing with. We are not all textbook, and I for one, can attest to that fact, as I have never done or responded text book to anything in my lifetime.

I have not forgot about the psychological factors playing in here either. There has been a lot to read, a lot to sort through, a lot to comprehend, often times when I was not coherent enough to know where I lived as I sat in my own living room, and now that the treatment has occurred, what will and can happen, how long will it take, how do I remain grounded and focused on what I believe in and to bring it forward to the powers that be, and make a change .... a change for the better. I get so frustrated .... with so many things.... and yet, I can only do what I have the power to do, and hope, with great hope, that people who have the power will step up and do what's right.

I hope you continue to follow me through this life changing phenomena ...

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment