Friday, October 21, 2011

Rest, Rest ... Rest is boring

Good Evening to All!!

As I sit here, eyes half closed, I am thinking how boring this past week has been. I have done pretty much nothing but rest, I find this a depressing, boring act. I felt great Monday afternoon and Tuesday. I was up walking around most of the afternoon on Monday (day of surgery).  Since I took the compression bandage off, I just feel weird, tired, and my hips are sore. I have few bruises.  Odd, but it was one of my better surgical episodes, and was all good on Monday.  The karma was all around flowing positively.  I moved up my follow up appointment from November 1, to this upcoming Tuesday.  If I am cleared I will go back to work on Wednesday rather than a week from. I am bored, and at least if I "have" to go somewhere, I will get out of the house. After talking with the nurse yesterday she said pathology reports had not yet been received, but she "will try and have them for the appointment, but he won't let you go back to work until he sees how you are doing." Okay ... I can live with that. I know how to play the game, just let me go and do something ..... I can't do yard work and moving stuff around hasn't been in the cards either. So I will, again, be turning in early with my book and my freshly bathed dog!! Yes, Hillary and I took Maggie into town for some beauty treatment this morning and spent a couple of hours walking around the mall. I kept telling her to slow down as I felt like she was running (she wasn't, I just couldn't keep the pace as my hip area was sore).

With all that being said, things are tight.  I don't like the smothering feeling of things being so tight. I am trying hard to just keep an even pace and just let the wave ride. What else can I do? I can only do so much, that which is within my own power, other than that, it's up to the "Big Guy" and, I don't know, the stars? fate? destiny? Take your pick ....

All this news that is on the television is depressing. Missing and abused children, misguided so-called adults, dictators who are dead, and now the UN wants an investigation....Really?? Does anyone really care "how" he died? At the hands of his own people, who HE has been killing for 40+ years.  Sorry folks, unfortunately, I see this as the cost of war. Karma can be a bitch, but this would seem to be one of those clear cases of  "what goes around, comes around." Personally, I think he got off easy for the destruction and delusional behaviors he exhibited. I wish the people well in a new world, many never having known anything other than that iron fist mentality.

As I lay my head down this evening, I pray for peace, health, and contentment for all in the world. I am a person who enjoys learning about other cultures, religions, customs and beliefs, I wish many more had that same outlook as there is so much to learn, see, enjoy and cultivate. Life is an interesting ride, shouldn't we try and find a way to play nice together, if for no other reason than being kind to our fellow man??

So many lessons to learn, so little time to learn them in.

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening and a joyous, safe weekend!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment