Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just a lazy Saturday afternoon ...

Hello!!!

Haven't been doing much, slowly. I haven't felt so great the last few days.  I'm not sure if it is fall allergies (this was the time of year I got sick last year, for 4 months) or the fact that the temps dropped what feels like 30 degrees in the last couple of days.  In any event, I have had a sore throat and am just completely exhausted and achy.  I am hoping for LOTS of sleep in the time I will be home recouping from my surgery which is scheduled for a week from Monday. 



This afternoon I decided to take Maggie (the lazy looking furry creature in the picture above) to the dog park.  Was a good ride in as she loves to ride, and then after about 20 minutes of playing frisbee and catching some other dog's squeaky toy, we were tossed out by the apparently new force of the doggie patrol. I spewed laughter when this over-sized (height) woman with her walkie-talkie, baseball hat and really bad aviator sunglasses approached me ... with her dog on a leash, and told me "it's the law .... you can't bring treats into the park. it causes tension between the dogs." I couldn't contain myself, she was so serious .... I had to laugh. First, I always have a baggie with little cookies in it for Maggie, and sometime other dogs, but not unless their owners are close and say it is ok.  I was talking with an elderly couple whose dog was perched very nonaggressively at my feet, they were petting Maggie at the time of the encounter. I was a little irritated with this doggie douche bag .... so I decided to leave and left our new frisbee behind.  I guess we will be looking for other means of play as I won't take her back there!!! I don't need that crap when there are people that show up and don't pay any attention to their dogs ... those are the ones I see starting the aggressive encounters.  We have been going to this same park since she was a puppy, almost 3 years now.  Anyway ... what I thought would be some quality play time turned into me calling Maggie a "Bad Ass Dog" .... and we came home, laughing and loving the entire ride.  Now me and my trouble making cohort are sacked out here on the couch again .... LOL. 

Basically, I have just been weeding through boxes, cleaning out my closets, rearranging some of the furniture and getting rid of a lot all the crap we rarely use, don't really need, and just collects dust ... or in our case, dog hair. 

So, Maggie and I are getting ready to wind down and chill out for the evening.  It is getting a little chilly at night and I am trying hard NOT to turn the heat on yet.  Maggie is real good about keeping my feet warm ... she likes to lay across the bottom of my legs, she is the worlds biggest couch potato and I love her.

Wishing everyone a restful weekend!!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment