Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mentalpause ....

Good Sunday Morning!!!

I am just going to make a quick update.
My blood sugars remain exceptionally stable, with a few potential lows (which are being caught). On Tuesday I go in for pre-op testing and will have my A1c drawn as well seeing as my endocrine appointment is sometime this month.  I was told a few weeks ago that my ovaries have shut down .... bahda bing!! That explains some of the stuff that has been going on, but not all of it. I'm thinking I came through that phase pretty good, LMAO ... like almost unknowingly as they told me back when I was 35-36 I was in early stage of "mentalpause." As many of you know, these natural hormonal changes we go through effect our lives in different ways, now add those changes to an already existing endocrine disease and you could have potential chaos.  If I had to rate between menopause and adolescents, I would take menopause ... LOL.... call it experience if you want. I remember adolescents as pure hell on so many levels, hormones going up and down, in turn blood sugars respond making for some real "moody" situations.

In any event, this week will have me busy at work, not unusual. Hopefully getting some info on TWO new ventures, and continuing to weed through the home mess, which by the way, has my back in major spasm mode from moving boxes, unpacking, repacking, and trashing. I will be so relieved when this task is done and I can honestly make it final having gone through my stages of grief and knowing I did the very best I could to make sure my parents were made to be comfortable in their final days. I am human too, I did what others didn't have the heart, manhood, maturity, etc to do for their own parents. That in and of itself, blows me away ..... always will ..... I don't understand and part of me doesn't want to. We have a future ... uncertain currently for me, but I remain hopeful for a very interesting future doing things that I know I can make a difference with, and I am keeping that dream in my sights. 

I would like to wish everyone a wonderful week .... be kind to yourself.
I will be in touch as we get closer to surgery date ... I have some pre-surgical nerves, but it is the recovery process I am most concerned with as this may be "routine" to some, it is not for me and therefore my recovery based on my aging has me concerned. My nursing student daughter also reiterated the statement that this "will not be pleasant."

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment