Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday ....

Happy Super Bowl !!!

Go Saints !!!

Ok ... well ... I have a ton of stuff to try and catch up on today, as I pretty much lost all of yesterday due to a low BG. Hillary left for the store around 10:30 ... after that ... not really sure where or what I was doing, so I must of gone down hard and fast. When Hilly returned from the store about 12:30 (her re-capin') she said I was so far gone I was making no sense what-so-ever!! I had no recall of telling her to buy ribs, never mind 3 - 3 pound packages..... lol ... but she said it looked like I had been eating for a while and made me drink some juice, and check my finger again, which was 51 ..... she also said I stripped the t-shirt I had on-off in the kitchen and it could have been "rung out." Needless to say ... I slept for most of the day off and on and when coming too, my BG's remained over 300 .... WTF !!!! I hate those days ... cause all I have planned ... don't get done. So ... lets try again today ..... :D

Hillary went out last night with some friends to celebrate being 21 .... hmmmmmm .... she woke me and Maggie up at 2:30 this morning falling into the house!! LMAO ..... No ... she was not driving. But, as a parental, I apparently forgot to warn her about mixing different types of alcohol to prevent "bud-mud" and upset tummies ... Let's just say ... Mom is smiling widely this morning as I think it's sort of funny. She came out of the bathroom this morning stating "alcohol is the devil." ..... and continues to tell me she thinks she has a monster in her gut .... hahaha ha.
Ahhhh the memories ..... she is a good girl .... and I wish someone had taken photos as her friends/coworker made her parade around town, dinner and bar-hopping complete with a crown and sash, pink, sparkles, sash sporting that she was the "Birthday Girl" .... twisted !!! She has to work this afternoon.

Ok ... well ... tomorrow is the day I get the call ... I have all my calenders ready to coordinate. About three weeks I have to get my stuff together ... I have an audit at work the end of this month so luckily that will be out of the way prior to the travel ... then I imagine ... it is just wait for my donor ... it is sort of a bitter-sweet sort of anxiety ... knowing that someone is losing their life to help extend mine, but it is those people who donate organs that make all this research and advancing science possible. I was so proud of my mother on her decision to donate her body to science. She knew her organs were not really good for any sort of saving others, but she realized many years ago that without body donation, our doctors, researchers, etc, have nothing to work with in progressing forward. To me ... that was an incredible, self-less act. She would so be all over this with me right now, and I do feel her presence with me in my anticipation and excitement.

So ... tomorrow I will let you all know that the dates have been set and it is a green light to move forward.

Enjoy the Game and all the food and drink that goes along with it!!
Until tomorrow .......
et

4 comments:

  1. ET - you are so strong! Hope Hill is recovering nicely - ah to be young again - I don't think so - don't miss those days!

    I do however look forward to getting you through this part of your life!

    Will be in touch! Stay Strong!

    Love ya,
    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Hill is feeling better. Oh my, that 21 thing! It seems like just yesterday, huh Bink? Happy Birthday to Hill, better late than never.
    Love and light,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bink,
    How do you want me to post a guest post? Do you want me to send it via e-mail? I am on vacation next week and will try to jot something down.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be GREAT !!!
    I can hardly wait to see what you come up with .... my memory is a tad on the foggy side, but I imaging I pulled some hum-dingers in our day ... LOL
    Do you have my email??

    ReplyDelete