Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The paper ...

Hey Everyone !!!

Only 2 weeks til lift off .....

Check Hilly and I out in the online edition of www.CVRnews.com under the Community section.

Just a little update ... also ... with great anticipation I would like you all to check out the comment left under the last post. This woman, Kathy, had an islet transplant done at the University of Minnesota (Go Deb-Deb!!) in 2008 and from what I read, was insulin free after just 8 weeks and since for 18 months. I learned quite a bit in just the latest few posts of Kathy's. It was reassuring for me to have an actual recipient "talk" to me. I am much more excited now to undergo, and see what it is all about in the research area of this process having followed and read so much about it over the years.

No real long posts tonight ... I had to leave work early for an ophthalmologist appointment today .... although he states he feels me to remain stable (given the long ago laser surgeries), I must be getting old, because my clarity sucks!!! Needless to say, I need some new glasses, just a hair of a change, but seeing as I broke my other frames a couple of weeks ago .... $$ out the window. It is always something. While on the subject of "something" ... I received a call from my father's cardiologist today, while I was having my eyes dilated .... the man apparently has had a left parietal ischemic infarction .... now when this may have occurred is anyone guess .... seeing as my brother (one in particular) seems to think my dad has been "sharp as a tack" maybe he would like to try and explain his odd behaviors over the past few months. In any event, his blood pressure continues to fluctuate, and we have follow up appointments with both the neurologist and the cardiologist. Just what I need prior to my trip to the Medical Center for my own issues right ????

It is always something ..... we will see where and how this one plays out. Like I have stated before ... I can only do what is within my power, the rest is up to God and those who do have the power to change their own outcomes.

Have a wonderful evening!!!
Peace and Light
et

7 comments:

  1. I would say the eye appt was successful if the Dr feels you are stable!

    Sounds like your Dad is a walking time bomb....the high BP and cigarettes scare me, it's amazing how tough he is though.

    Just a little bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to find you too. Because of HIPAA, it is hard for us to find each other, but I do treasure each islet cell enthusiast that I am lucky enough to locate. I have added you to my blog list. My e-mail address is on my blog. Feel free to contact me that way too.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cool is it that you and Kathy have found each other right before your trip? Remember, God works in mysterious ways.
    Hey, I sent you a coupld of e-mails on your e-mail address, when you have a minute... ha.
    "Talk" soon.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your trip is coming together, and best of all you found someone else who has been through it, too! That Bridget is a good detective, I'd hire her in a minute. Will be keeping track of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you were able to meet Kathy before your trip. She has so much information to share! I'm really excited to find more friends as I continue my journey with my son's "adult stem cell therapy" done 3 months ago. I'll be praying for you.
    Take care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra,
    How wonderful that I two new people have discovered my plight. Stems cells are where we are going to find our cure, in my opinion. There is so much that can be done in that aspect. How is your son doing? I would love to hear more about what he has encountered. Always a learning process .... Thank you so much for your prayers!!

    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems. Please do take care of your health issues right now. You are so close to having such a breakthrough with your problems and to think you found someone who has experienced such success.....Serendipitious!!! Love and hugs, Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete