Monday, February 15, 2010

More reading done today ...

I am about to stop ... lol ... as my face and eyes are hanging out.... :D

In doing some more reading today, in reviewing the UCSF site under diabetes center and the research being done, you will find that UCSF is also part of the Clinical Islet Transplantation Consortium like the link to the patient reviews I posted earlier through the University of Minnesota.

Also, I have another link to post here compliments of my cousing Lorraine in Montreal CA in regard to gene therapy, also associated with UCSF. The research involves gene RFX6. I have signed a consent to allow samples be donated to long-term storage for the use in such research to isolate the genes both responsible and needed to locate the cure. Interesting reading for those who can go this deep. I know there have been times when people have asked why I find such reading fascinating or even interesting. Well .... I love the science, and it affects me personally. There are a couple of other diseases I think deserve focus, but for now, this is my focus. I have a vested interest.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of this. I had an islet cell transplant at the U. of Minnesota in 2008. It has been a wonderful experience and I have been off of insulin for about 17 months now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy ....
    THANK YOU so very much for your comment!!! I was beginning to wonder if anyone outside of my twisted little world was listening ... "reading." I am thrilled that it went to well for you!! I wish you continued success and hope that you too, continue on in good health. Please make a post anytime you would like something posted, I would be more than happy to cut-and-paste it to the main blog for all to read readily.

    Thanks again!!!
    et

    ReplyDelete