Sunday, February 28, 2010

Count down ...

Morning All !!!

It has been a whole week since I posted. Last week was a very stressful week for me, in many aspects, but mostly work and my father.

Work was busy at best. I had my first audit as my new title. A review of hospital charts for the state agency which oversees a good majority of our patients. It went exceptionally well!!! I was very pleased by the end of the first day with the auditors. They were all very nice, and very personable. They told me I did a good job and the relieved a lot of my stress to a degree. Was just all so new to me. I know it was a team effort in making sure that all in the charts were done to compliance. That is my big beef .... and I can get stressed out trying to convey this to others in the process, from the providers to nurses, techs, social work, and case managers. Anyway .... that is over .... for now. They did say they would see me soon..... LOL .... :D This week will no doubt be a long one too. I want to make sure that all I need done is done and that whoever covers for me has only the minimum to do until I get back on the 15th. Perhaps to my own fault, I do take my commitments VERY seriously. I am only as good as my word.

Next Saturday, at 5AM ... (we figure this is a good time to leave to get us to San Fran before dark) I will be traveling. My friend, and coworker, Deb Schultz will be driving the 12+ hours to CA. I just know this is going to be a learning experience for both of us, and in spite of my having to spend 3 days inpatient, I know we are going to have a good time. We hope to get in a few sights, check out places for an extended stay visit for when the transplant occurs, and visit with my sister-in-law's cousin, Marianne, who lives in San Francisco. She has offered to show us around, come to visit me, and we plan on doing dinner one night. I have been and am trying to stay busy so that I don't really have time to get nervous.

Postings this week will be minimal. I have to work all week, I haven't even thought about packing for this trip, I have to take my dad to the neurologists on Tuesday, make sure he has his grocery shopping done, and is all set to be alone for the week. Hillary will call and check on him, but with her schooling and work schedules she really doesn't have a lot of time to visit. We did see him yesterday, brought him a "goodie" to share, and moved a bookcase. I sure am glad Hillary decided to buy herself a pickup truck .... LOL ..... it has certainly come in handy in the last couple of months.

On Thursday, she brought me the money paid for the washer and dryer which was donated by one of Hilly's nurses at the hospital, and also purchased by one of her nurses at YRMC for a women's clinic/shelter going in downtown. I was told that each bill in the envelope was donated by one person ...... It was a pretty amazing moment. A lot of encounters that have happened in the past 6 months have been totally humbling. I have no idea how to thank all these people who have been so generous, and so supportive of my journey. It really is an indescribable feeling. I wish there was something I could do or say that would make such an impact on them, as they have done for me. THANK YOU .... seems so very small at times.

Okay ... well .... just me and Maggie today, Hillary went off to work over an hour ago. She will not return until almost 8 tonight. I have to go clean the inside of my car, finish up my laundry, organizing my new bookcase, which looks really nice in my living room, and perhaps put some things in a bag for my trip. Packing for a trip always starts for me with my supplies, and MUST haves to make sure those get placed first. I think I have it down to a science having done some traveling in my day, I like to keep it simple, although this time, I will actually use a suitcase .... LOL ..... So ... be patient, I will post and let you all know what is happening and what the plan is to proceed. When I get back we need to brainstorm on some sort of cool, funky fundraising event. The bracelets should be here soon, we actually expected them already, ..... but .....

Thanks to all who have continued to support me, pray for me, and just be there to share it with me .... again, no words seem quite appropriate to express my gratitude.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week !!!
Will talk soon
Love and Light
et

PS: To my friend Debbie in MA .... I never got any email ... ???? Been waiting ... do you have the email address .... you can find it on my Facebook page .... and add me to your list there lil buddie .... LOL .... some little things get posted there as well. Thanks again for doing that and I can't wait to post it here .... Love you !!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bink,
    I sent the e-mail to the address that I have. I will try to send it again. Sorry it didn't take.
    Best of luck this week with work and packing. I will try to post now, so look for it.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo - Countdown is on - just a few more days! SO excited to you!

    ReplyDelete