Friday, February 12, 2010

Donation for Raffle

This photo is of the quilt made by our friend Dawn. She has graciously donated this quilt so that we can raffle it off with proceeds to go toward my travel expenses. It is absolutely beautiful!! My favorite colors of blues and greens, with that splash of color ... it really is more beautiful in person than a photo can tell.

Tickets have already started selling, with Hillary having been stamping out 600 cards for tickets. When the 600 tickets are sold ... the lucky winner will be announced. Tickets are selling for $2 each or 3 for $5.00. Hillary said she sold $15 worth just unwrapping it to show some people. She was thrilled .... she is so funny to watch sometime. I take such pleasure in her humor and animation. I am her cause these days, and that warms my heart something awesome!!

Anyway .... just wanted to share that tidbit tonight. Has been a rather long afternoon, having had my blood sugar drop at work today just prior to noon. Being alone in an office by myself these days, I try very hard to keep it up and about. Not sure what happened today, but it made coming back up tough, and then I just basically felt like crap. It is sort of hard to explain to one who may not understand what I go through, or the feelings that accompany the episodes. At times, it can feel much like having a seizure, or perhaps stroke symptoms, where in I lose focus, I can hear things, but they seem distant .... sort of like being in a tunnel. Then an overall feeling of fatigue and exhaustion as my body fights to get back to a normal coherent state. In actuality, when your blood sugar drops to those dangerously low levels, your brain is deprived of oxygen, so in a sense, I guess it could be on the idea of a stroke, minus the pain. The pain comes later in the form of a headache when blood sugars begin to rise, and in my case, it takes a LOT longer than the normal 15 minutes to get it back up, it can take hours even with juice. A combination of insulin resistance, tissue absorption, rate at which a body can absorb the simple sugars. I should in all actuality be carrying around a glucogon pen ... but at the rate I drop these days, my ass would be black and blue!! LOL ..... not only that, someone else is suppose to give the injection. Glucogon is a hormone that is produced by the liver to help in the processing. At one time, my body would kick in, and sort of do a "saving" of its own. That will have to be a story for the weekend as I can barely keep my eyes open and I have that headache. I have so much I want to get accomplished ... remnants from last weekend when I was pretty much out of it most of the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day for working outside, suppose to hit 65!! That to me is perfect!!! I got my rake ready and will try to not only get the dog crap cleared up, but prep some of the perimeter for some spring rock. I hope some of my tax refund can be used not only for my travel, but to hopefully get some stuff to make my yard look like something other than the Beverly Hillbillies back woods hangout ..... LOL ....

So on that note, I bid you all a wonderful, restful, and relaxing long weekend!!
Peace and Light
et

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to send you a 20, can you fill out my tickets for me? The quilt is beautiful. Tell Dawn that I said so. I used to quilt, and they take a lot of time to get done. She choose great colors (ok, so blue is my favorite, but who is counting.)
    You have some great friends down there and I am glad. I can't wait to meet them.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn makes these things like they were nothing ... she has a small business in which she does the long-arm quilting. She is also in the nursing program with Hillary right now, at 50ish. I will tell her and thanks for wanting to purchase some. I will put the $20 bucks worth of tickets in the bucket this afternoon.

    I think I forgot to mention that is is queen size .... LOL ... perfect for my bed ... hehehe ... Hillary said she was going to give it to me, but decided to raffle it would be of more use to the cause. :) Damn, guess that means I will have to start one of my own .... NOT!!

    Bink

    ReplyDelete