Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another pressing issue ....

Evening all !!

Another day of busy happenings at the office. I have to say .... my line of work certainly hasn't been slowed by the economy .... only the funding for such issues. MENTAL ILLNESS and DETOX!!!

I was summoned to my dad's this afternoon, Hillary too, was there doing the 30 minute blood pressure checks. In any event, after 2 hours, it was still pretty high at 237/102. He was instructed to take 2 of his nightly dosing and continue with that. Unfortunately, he is blocked solid pretty much from legs to his head with blood flow in the carotid being compromised now. His head was freakin' purple. They also can't operate on him due to his neck issues and spine being fused. We have discussed the options should he undergo surgery and that I told him I would be unable to care for him after such a surgery given my own current status. I don't know what he is thinking as he so doesn't communicate as my mother and I did. It is like talking with a child.

Anyway ... I will call and check on him again in an hour or so. I was told I need not stay with him as long as he had a way to contact me.... and trust me .... he does. I don't know ... but I can't worry about someone who refuses to help himself, especially in times of need. He hasn't stopped his need for a smoke!! Hillary said after each time he had his BP checked, he needed to go out side and have a smoke.

Okay ... well ... those two issues off the table ..... or at least aired .... let it go .... let the powers that be and God handle what I can't .

I am so achy today as the weather has not been good today, was snowing for most of the morning, not a big deal compared to what it looks like he east coast is getting, but enough to make me stiff and achy more than the norm. My paperwork for my time off and needed FMLA forms have been filled out and I will route those to the proper people tomorrow. I am thinking an early night to bed for me ... with a couple of Aleve and a hot bag .... lol ... not sure what I would do without these bags ... LOL. In my dreams I have that steam room, my jacuzzi, and a private yard .... I SAID in my DREAMS ...... lol ... but it works for now. When i get healthy to the max again .... hehehe .... I will put my time in for all of that good stuff to enjoy.

Wishing you all a pleasant and comfy night!!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment