Thursday, May 19, 2011

Update

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to let you know that I had the CT scan done this morning. Not the most pleasant experience, but I survived. I am thinking that the Western definition of STAT, means "when I get around to looking at it." The tech/RN was very nice, comforting, yet could not get a line in after two shots. He called in the "doctor" to do it, That took the next 40 minutes, and him thinking he was funny at this point, I think, stating that it was my lucky day, he hadn't had any coffee yet either, and he wasn't hung over from last night!! I am sorry as I do use humor in trying to cope with some of these unpleasant episodes, but we usually get past the pleasantries first, and get a small grip on the persons involved. This got me to thinking .... was he just being humorous?? I have held up ER staff, OR staff, outpatient nursing and surgical facilities just to get a line going on me. This guy used an ultrasound machine to help guide him and you should see my arm this evening!! and sore, holy mother of God!!! When it was all over, I thought, while driving to my dermatology appointment, which I was now late for, that there was no way in hell that I was returning to this particular facility in the event a biopsy of this area of my body was to be cut open, sucked out, or any other type of dissection. I will ask to go to the hospital, perhaps not much better, but ... I can at least say that my daughter has connections, has networked well, and that most of her colleagues like me and want me to get the best possible care. Needless to say, no word yet. I also have some areas in which were clipped off, frozen to destroy, and several areas on my skin that are now in the 6 month "watch mode" due to irregularities. Nothing new, and I have not been the most compliant in keeping up with my dermatology follow ups.All in all, I made it through the day, a little dazed and confused, and more blank then normal, but ... with the exceptions of the bags under my eyes, perhaps tomorrow will bring a new outlook.

Thanks to all of you who follow my roller coaster life of health care issues. The prayers, the good vibes, the concern, the comments and opinions, they mean the world to me!!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment