Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Riding the wave .... again

This is going to be a quick, semi-relief, post ...
Saw the PCP today, not thrilled with what transpired as I have been through this "ride" a couple of times not only with myself, but with my mother as well.

There was "nothing notably abnormal" on the CT. Doc is positive the mass is a lymph node, as am I, just not sure what has it all "blown" up currently as it has been there for almost 3 years now, first being told it was scar tissue, then a hernia, and upon "hernia" repair, being told by surgeon, "I don't think that is what the problem is," However, no guidance, no educated guesses, no directive for follow up ... so I let it be and now I am sitting here with my swollen right leg up on the back of the couch. I am a sexy sight I am .... LOL.  The dog is out cold beside me as she too, had a vet appointment today. She fared much better than I even though she got injections in both thighs, she got an excellent bill of health!!

I am looking at a couple of more imaging tests, like another ultra sound. Now this is where I get a little ticked off .... a major money making scam. I was in the ER a little over a week ago (seems like eternity at this point), they did an ultra sound of my right leg looking for a blood clot, when I asked the tech if she could run that probe a little higher and check out the mass, which was also mentioned to the ER doc, she stated "orders are to look for a blood clot, we don't go that high for that." Well ... How f'in stupid is that???
I didn't fall off the truck last night, a blood clot can form anywhere ... especially in the veins and arteries which run through the groin. Why .... WHY do they think people are all stupid!!??? This sort of crap really does elevate my blood pressure as now I must wait for an approval for another ultra sound, the time that takes to clear, then to land an appointment, and again, if something shows, the biopsy, which will require a freaking auth before they do it as well, so it will not be done the same day. Now, why do doctors, insurance companies more, feel it ok to inflict undue anxiety on people? The longer they mess around with this sort of diagnostic BS, I am 1, missing work, 2., still feeling like crap, 3., wondering anxiously about my "stemmie" status, and 4 .... why I still don't feel as good as I did a month after treatment even with pneumonia!!!????

Anyway ... can barely keep my eyes open as I did not sleep very well at all last night, tossing, turning, awake every hour or so, the whole drenching night sweat thing, and sedating myself to what would normally put me to sleep, did not, in double dose. So tonight ..... we SLEEP. .... no help required!!


Thanks to all who follow, suggestions, similar experiences, etc. .... always welcome!!
G'night to all and to all, a G'night!!!

Peace and Light
et

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the mass turned out to be nothing. You're right, the more times they make you go back to the doctors the more money they can charge for things. Hope your swelling goes down soon and it turns out to be nothing. You need to get back on the track for the stem cells to do their work. Hold in there.
    Love and Prayers.
    Mom D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having a really rough time and I wish I could help - I send love, prayers and hope that this moment will pass and you'll have some healing and soon. You are in my thoughts and I send love, peace and all good things your way. Keep up the good fight, your Mother would be proud of your courage and determination...God Bless....Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete