Sunday, May 8, 2011

Guess who caught the latest "crud"?

Good Evening, I hope all the Mom's had a wonderful day, as I am sure each and everyone of you deserve it. Personally, I think we should at least get a long weekend.

I wasn't as productive as I had hoped to be this weekend. Yesterday was a bust with the traveling around to get errands done. Today, well ... I haven't felt so great since Friday afternoon. It would seem that a new line of "crud" is going around and I think I am in the early stages. Belly is sort of angry. I am still dealing with the prednisone issues. My blood sugars have been a little on the high side today too (we all know this could indicate illness, infection, etc). I am really starting to wonder how much all of this is affecting my stemmies. In spite of the improved gut, the swelling and an obviously lowered immune system seem to be winning. I am so bloated, and swollen (you can see how much by the tightness in my skin) which is totally gross in my humble opinion. I am still from head to toe. I am about to head off to bed soon, as soon as my blanket is done in the dryer. :)

We are are having some work done on the house this week and are slowly weeding through stuff that isn't all ours since we moved in 2 years ago. However, I don't see us getting near what we want to done due to $$ and well, no man around I can call my own...LOL... or to hand the Honey Do List off too. I am SO much better in the stamina department since treatment, but still, get run down seemingly fast. Now this ... ?? Really, it seems never ending sometimes. I am going to be posting a link here in the next day or two to a site out of the UK by a young woman (and her mom too, I believe) who is absolutely amazing in her knowledge and drive to promote awareness of Type 1. She has been posting on the Islet Transplant site on Facebook. Wonderful site with lots of people undergoing, underwent, or looking to take part in the Islet Cell Transplant Trials. These folks are amazing and I wish them such success. They have been doing very well and it is exciting to watch the progress, and the human spirit in motion, as well as the fears and anxieties that come along with this sort of undertaking having lived with this disease for as long as some have. This was the trial in which I was rejected from based on my elevated PRA. :( I often wonder what I would be like now if I had been able to participate??? Just a "what if" question.

Ok kids ... this old lady .... heheh ... is about to hit the pillows hard. Not sure how work will go tomorrow, I feel that uncomfortable right now so will have to play it by ear, or gut and body.

I wish everyone a restful evening, and a wonderful week ahead!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment