Thursday, October 22, 2009

It went very well today

I had my appointment today ..... I sometime feel like I have some sort of love affair going with my GYN's office and staff .... LOL .... another two hours there today, I am a regular compared to most. The doc I saw was pleased with news he gave me and faxed off the last of documentation needed for the transplant. I am now only waiting for one more doctor to get his documentation either to me or faxed to the team. It is getting closer to receiving the date of meeting in San Francisco.

Each step closer I get, I seem to get a little nervous as to what might come of all this. I am sort of running out of options for methods to manage my disease. This seems to be my last hope of extending my life in a healthy, vital manner. Always having been a very independent person in nature, I can't imagine what my life may entail if I were to lose my sight, lose a limb, organ failure, the list goes on and on, and as I age, having lived with this disease for 37 years, those odds seem to lose their favorable odds. I know that some of the choices I have made along the way were not in my best interest and that is my own doing. However, I have worked very hard to stay on top of my health, cope with the stressors that have been dealt me, and to do it with little to no impact on those around me. I am saddened to say, that no longer happens and really, what can the dog do for me when it comes right down to the dirty???? I have to keep the faith, learn to keep breathing, and take it all as it comes. The breathing part can be an issue sometimes..... Hilly says I have a tendency to hold my breath when things are stressing me, I need to stay focused. Still have commitments to tend to.

Anyway .... perhaps this weekend I will try and touch on some of the deadly aspects of this disease and how I got to this junction in the road of life. For now, I have work to complete here and I could so right this minute put my head down on the keyboard and fall asleep.

To all, enjoy your evening!!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment