Thursday, October 22, 2009

Been out ....

Morning all my loyal followers !! ;P

I haven't posted in a while, was out sick most of last week with 5 coworkers .... all with the "CRUD!" Really took it out of me. Went back to work this past Monday, barely got in my hours and got home, and was out cold by six o'clock Monday and Tuesday nights. Just completely wiped out. I think I am on the up-swing. Got my flu shot this week, arm is still sore, but worth it if I don't get it again. I had a case of the flu over Labor Day weekend ..... that so totally sucked.

Anyway .... I have a doctor appointment this morning to have some followup testing done. I am almost there with the paperwork retrieval. This process has been sort of time consuming in all the calling and followup required, but on the whole, ALL of my providers have been exceptionally helpful, supportive, and on top of getting results back to the transplant team. I am very happy to report that. It has been sort of a wake up call for me, I too, have a denial aspect at times in which I try to ignore what is really there and plug on with my daily commitments. Lately, however, it is harder and harder for me to ignore what my body is screaming at me.

All I can say for today I guess, is that this whole experience is going to be incredibly humbling being someone who has never really been a fan of asking for help. It is such a totally eye opening, heart opening experience to learn that people really do care, that society and community can come together and be such a gift of love and support. To ALL ..... again, I thank you!!

Have a great day!!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment