Saturday, October 3, 2009

Informational reading

I am so happy to know that this adventure has sparked such interest in Type I Diabetes and the complications that can come from it. For those that like to do this sort of reading, or for those that know someone, or have a loved one who lives with this disease on a daily basis, please check out the JDRF website (link off to the right). It has a multitude of information, including info on the clinical trials currently taking place, and research underway. There are also pages that include information on some of the topics I hope to hit on in the next year, i.e., being a kid, a teenager, giving birth, STRESS, relationships .... (relax, I won't go into in depth detail) I know some of you can't handle the "bad images" .... LOL ... that might arise.

On the serious side, the JDRF has been the foundation I have followed since my early 20's, they have made it their mission to find a cure, and they have certainly put all they have into the science and making it happen. (They were part of the trial back in the 80's when I was carrying "Fred" and going to the Joslin Clinic in Boston for my care). Please take some time and learn more. There is a huge difference in the workings of people who live with Type I vs. Type II, I am part of the small minority, take some time to walk in my shoes, then add "regular" life stressors to that and see what could be a potential result over time. (I have been at this for 37 years, already past the expectancy given to me in 1972). That alone, means miracles can happen. Let's take it to the next level!!

Thanks for reading !!
Enjoy your weekend !!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment