Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's never ending

Hello WebWorld!!

Well, the human body continues to amaze me. However .... I could and would be more than happy to be amazed using someone else's body as the vessel of amazement!!! This past Tuesday morning, after being told by surgeons office last Thursday, to "massage it" for the weekend and see what happens. "Swelling is normal." Not like this pal... there is NOTHING normal about the swelling I was trying to cope with ... and OMG .. the pain was something I don't think I have ever experienced. The sensations were hard to describe. In any event, I had that date with the BFN (Big F'in Needle) on Tuesday morning, and despite my anxiety about the BFN with no local, I did just fine and the relief was almost immediate when he drained the excessive amount of fluid and proceeded to tell me that I was "infected."  Since that appointment I have returned to work  hours a day for two weeks.  Sitting and/or standing for more than a couple to three hours at a time is just too much.  There is still swelling, bruising is clearing up, and the ache seems to be subsiding slightly. Hopefully, after the antibiotic run, things will be looking up. 

With all this going on, and my limited ability to push, pull, or lift anything more than 5 pounds, it has made wiping out the remaining mess from my parent's belongings, thus holding me in limbo as to weather I want to have our open house/grad party here at the house, or get a hall and haul stuff all over the county. All this is coming up quickly.  Thanksgiving, graduation, I have a weekend to Vegas on the books. and then Christmas ... I guess ... that given there will be no one here this year except for Hillary and I, the holidays will have to become something of a new tradition as what my mother was able to accomplish in this respect isn't something I think I could replicate. So it will be a holiday season of no doubt, reflection, sadness, memories of holidays gone by, and a method of moving forward, to take these memories and put them to the best possible use for us.  I have discovered, that it is not all about family, but that of the friends and loved ones who make us feel loved throughout the year, that we rejoice in our love for each other and continue to grow in our relationships.  I am still a big fan of those sorts of romanticized relationships, if you will, closeness that is felt between people, for whatever reason. 

With the kickoff to the holiday season, let's remember not to forget ourselves. Take care of us, heart and soul, mind and body .... there is nothing worth risking our health or well-being for, and money can't buy us that.

For now, wishing the world a wonderful weekend!!

Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. Hi Binky:
    I'm glad that they found out it was an infection and were able to give you something for it. Hopefully you will be on the mend now. What else could go wrong? ha ha.
    I know the holidays will be hard on you and Hillary and I wish we lived closer so we could all spent them together. Is the Vegas weekend a mimi vacation? I hope so. You could use some fun for a change.
    As always, my prayers and thoughts are with you and Hillary.
    Love Mom D

    ReplyDelete