Friday, November 11, 2011

My Balls have fallen ...

OMG !!! BEWARE - IGNORANCE ABOUND!!!

Thought I would at least say something if I was going to scream. :)

Recap - check last post titled "WOW."
This past week, and a short one at that, has been pure and total hell. I know I have been dealing with some pretty stressful shit in my own life.  At work, as stated earlier, I in all reality came back to a mess due to others not doing and/or caring about how thier tasks directly affect other's job duties, causing delays, .... and a few other things as well.  Piss-poor management .... (sorry, this post my become heated with no real notice ... hehehe). I have had a day or so to let the ultimate effects of the happenings this week when on Wednesday I was ready to pack my boxes and all the shit I have that is mine in the office due in part to ... inadequate working conditions. This is so not funny, however, I was working in a basement @ the hospital and freezing my ass off for 8+ hours a day for a year and no one gave a shit if I was cold.  More than 1 co-worker began complaining ... or as it became by Tuesday...constant bitching. I sit right behind the front desk, in an enclosed office with another. I had not only the door closed, but my headphones into my iPod and I could still her bitchin' through the glass. This turned into 4+ hours of people convening outside our office door. PEOPLE!!!! Ok .. you get the picture. On Wednesday morning I came in to an email stating was going to be paid for only a certain amount of hours because I apparently ran out of EIT time with no notification. This was an issue that I had thought of, and it wasn't like the "uppers" didn't know the situation, i.e., not only my close coworkers, but my supervisor, and the illustrious "OZ" (this is my latest visual, you know, Oz, blowing smoke up your ass from behind the curtain??). I put in for my time as recommended by the surgeon, I had the note x2 due to the infection and then being out another week, and now restricted until 11/17 (yes, that is a week away!) This email states at 7:55 PM the night before, that my check will be short this week. "Just wanted you to have a heads up."  "A HEADS UP!!!" Sorry folks, but less than 12 hours prior to payday IS NOT a heads up, it is more like a think quick!!!  When I responded to the almighty Oz, I had an attitude, I was pissed to put it mildly. EVERY single time I have had to deal with Oz for the past year-to-14 months she pulls some two-faced move on myself and a couple of others I know of personally. I apparently know more than I care too. In any event, with the already late 1st of the month bills, I only took home less than half of what a normal pay period looks like, putting me not only behind at work, but 2 months behind in reality at home as well.  What made me go off was not only my continuing recovery (although physically better this week), but all the petty complaining of the same scenarios, same characters, MAJOR lack of, if any, communication, and ... NO change ... it's like watching Ground Hogs Day ... 100 times in a row. Sorry, but I don't think too many people would find it remained as amusing after so many repeats. Redundant, and sucking the morale out of those left that have been continually cleaning up the messes.  When the problems are staring you right in the face, and you have facts to back them up, consequences should be paid. I know, hands down, I irritate some people, however, I also know, that if people ENJOY coming to work, they do a good job, excel, etc.  I have given more than a 100% of my healthy time to this place, know that as a support member of the docs/NP/techs/counselors, you get it .... you have all heard the term, "shit rolls downhill"? .... and then the clincher .... and all I know was this email came in just as I was leaving on Wednesday from what I would refer to as a "rent-a-doc". This 30-something ,high maintained little 'dahktah' ... LMAO ... had the class of a highly-educated professional, to in one line, take me down like I hadn't been taken down since I was married!!! You have heard me write before, I don't care what sort of initials you have after your name, there is no need to talk down to people. I try not to do this, and I try to do this by keeping things comfortable. I am not a "Stepford" worker, or human being either. I have a life, lame as it may be for some, I don't need this mentality from a person I am too show up for work for to SUPPORT and she is calling me "arrogant."

What can I say??.. she pushed my last dying button.  I shot off a snotty little one liner myself to the people she felt are going take care of me. She wants no more communication with the "arrogant transcriptionist!" BITE ME BIMBALINA, I'm the coder!!! I was seething at this point. I haven't been the pissed/which in reality was a deep, deep hurt.  For the 1st time in many years, yes, even with disagreements in relationships, have I been spoken to in such a tone ... and a doctor to boot. I admire your education, you may know a whole lot more than I, however, your words were harsh for someone you only met for 30 seconds and feel you are "entitled," ROFLMAO ..... yep, I am laughing now. I live by, and have raised my daughter, that respect is a 2-way street.  This provider started with a clean slate, she messed up, she messed up again, and again, each time becoming more demanding, i.e., this is how I do it, it's approved by Harvard, BFD!!!  .... (Hello, she has no idea Harvard is my neck of the woods ... hehehe..... for all I know Hillary's baby stroller is still hanging off the little walking bridge there in Harvard square. :D

Let me tell you all a little secret, and I think some out there may even affirm this statement .... I may have been born and raised in a small mill town, and my parents my have been considered "blue-collar" workers, my parents, more my mother, made sure that we understood respect and manners. No, I don't always have manners when I state things so crudely at times, call it my rough edge. Everyone who knows me will tell you I try to appear as though I have a very hard, tough outer shell. Well, I am born under the sign of the Crab, and my mother often told me that it was totally appropriate for me. :) I do like to believe that people are good, but this was just one more example of poor management, unethical and down-right mean demands on those who are you main back bone under the providers. I am tired of being treated like a doormat, again, not having felt like this since the early 90's.  I swore that I would never become a victim of that again, I don't care if you are male OR female.

Let's wrap this up, I need to get off the box ... hehehe....I am off today, praise the Gods!! With the exception of 2 side job projects which need to be completed and sent off. Then I am going to do some cleaning as we (a friend came over to help Hilly) moved some furniture around last night, I had to supervise as Nurse Ratchet was in the house. :) She is still looking out for me despite me telling her it's all lookin' good. She doesn't want me to push it, understood, however, I need to keep me as busy as possible and get all this stuff accomplished in time, 4 weeks from yesterday ... lol... she is totally stoked. Apparently my friends, who also work with me, have decided I am depressed, and yet another one on the band wagon of "your life sucks!" .... all in good humor of course, but I think they are right. I can't even keep track anymore lately ... time for some more stemmies. 

Ok kids, I need to go "prick" as I am feeling 'fuzzy' and I get the impression that perhaps I wandered a bit in my thoughts and expression the last couple of paragraphs. I do know I used NO real names, and no places .... LMAO .... 

Forgive me ... it's how I felt.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Thank a Veteran and/or an active military member for the right to speak like this out in Cosmo.

Peace and Light ... and respect!!!
et








No comments:

Post a Comment