Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WOW

Hey Folks,

I have had quite a week and it's only Tuesday!!
Work was unbelievable when I returned to the office last week. I was completely caught up when I left for my surgery and as usual, someone else feels that what their job may be doesn't affect anyone else. GGGRRR ..... needless to say, I am now behind almost two months!!! I was not the happiest of campers upon return to find all that, and on top of that, withing 15 minutes after arriving was thrown into a 3 hour meeting that I was unprepared for. The usual ........ seems like all we ever hear is lip service.  I am trying to  just take it as it comes. I can only do so much in a 6 hour day, being on restriction until the 17th when I see the surgeon again. (it does appear and certainly feels a LOT better). Like that wasn't enough "job duties" were added to my already overloaded day. I do a lot of shaking of my head lately.

On another note, my baby girl is about to graduate on 12/10 with her nursing degree. I am so incredibly proud of her for the commitments she has taken, the sacrifices she has made, the losses she has suffered since graduating high school and working so hard for the past 3 1/2 years... she has finally made her goal a reality.  At least the main part of her goal ... hehehe .... she plans on continuing her education but wants to take a year or two to get her hands dirty. I have no doubts she has what it takes to be a real driving force in the field of medicine.  I am just hoping she stops a little now and then to enjoy life.  She so deserves a few positive happenings for all she has put forth into the world, the community, ME .... and all the help she was caring for my parents with me. She is going to be one kick-ass nurse!!!

Ok kids, well ... it's past my bedtime, I just got my laptop back up and running after Maggie put me out of commission for a week feeling the need to lie across my lap and slamming her big head down, and not so gracefully, onto my keyboard. Not sure what she hit, but I had to reconfigure all my network settings, etc for my laptop. Someone apparently forget to tell her that she is NOT a lap dog!! (She sits right here to my left, and she seems to always have to have contact.) She is 70 pounds of pure lovin' .... but doesn't have to be on my lap. :D I'm the master, and she stays close, sometimes trouble-causing close.

On that note ... lol......(thinking I should come up with some other phrases), I am taking my dog and going to bed. I need to get my rest as I am still sort of wiped out when I get home and the child thinks I am doing too much too soon, I disagree, I just need to take care of me, and I have always pushed myself.  As I age, I do know I can't go nonstop anymore, pacing myself is still an issue ... I want it done ... NOW.  :P

Sweet dreams my friends!!
Take care of YOU!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment