Friday, March 2, 2012

How to handle life's changes

Happy Friday my faithful followers!!!

I am ... well .... still a little empty headed. I have been out of work all week, which has me stressed out. All the docs involved, and the PT folks all seem to have the same conclusion. It is going to take time, neurologist says 6 months to a year, PT folks cut me loose on Weds stating that they have done all they can do for me physically, and yes, I am looking fairly fit for an old broad of 48. However, I would really like to cut the fog from my brain and be more focused and clear. That is what I am finding the MOST frustrating right now. I can cope ... although I am still distressed about the right sided weakness, and what is causing it. I underwent a nerve conduction test/EMG this past Tuesday, that was not my idea of pleasant, and for some reason I had after effects which I don't remember having when I had one done prior in the 90's. My body seemed to twitch for hours after the test, and my right side was even more weak than when we started the exam. Perhaps I will get some news on this today when I pick up paperwork from my PCP.

On a more positive note, several of my doctors made reference to the adult stem cell procedure in which I underwent back in February and could I do that again. Well .... knowing that they are cautious about promoting things that are NOT FDA approved, I took this as a viable dent in the thought process. All of them, from neurologist, orthopedic doc, endocrinologist, and my PCP .... ALL of them having seen the positive response and benefits I had after just one treatment. That .... on top of the year of stressful situations in which life handed me, I certainly have put these little fighter cells to the test over the past 12 months. So ... with that being said, and with the generosity of so many who think of me as "special", I am scheduled to undergo the stem cell treatment again on March 22nd!!!! ..... and I cannot begin to tell you all how much I am praying that along with improving my diabetes status, which has been remarkably stable, until the accident, that this will help my brain heal .... faster than 6-12 months!!! So I am doing my best to practice my newly revamped breathing techniques to cut the stress and anxiety, and to cleanse my body of all those bad drugs that were prescribed early on after the accident, most of which, sad to say, never touched any of my pain. It has been 2-3 weeks now since I have taken anything for anxiety .... and I will tell you that to keep breathing in some of these situations, like forcing myself to drive, can be a challenge at best as the stupid drivers just continues to baffle me!!!

I also lost a very special person this week, my cousin, Greg, passed away suddenly on Weds. and I was just shocked and heartbroken when I received this news. One of those family relationships that was a blessing in that we both went our separate ways, across the miles, across the country, yet, with random phone calls over the years, never skipping a beat, always picking up right where we left off with our humor and outlook on the world..... and being able to laugh!!! That, as many of you know, is something I truly cherish and can't always be accomplished as some people are like "out of sight, out of mind." Well, when life gets so busy that we suddenly are forced to think about those left behind .... it weighs on my heart to have lost another person, of which, I guess I have had more than most, really gets the underlying meanings of life even through the trials and tribulations and wasn't afraid to share that with me. Because we all have faults, yet, we also have the ability to reach out, to comfort, to share .... to love, and to laugh.

On that note, I would like to wish everyone a peaceful and meaningful weekend.
Take care of yourself, take care of the human side, share it when you feel it, say it when you have too.
James Taylor says in best in his tune, "Shower the people you love with love" "Show them the way that you feel." James took his struggles and helped me with his music ... all of which I find comforting and calming in times of trouble.

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment