Saturday, March 24, 2012

3 Days post-treatment #2

Happy Spring to Everyone!!!

... and with the change of season, there has to be a change in me.  I am 3 days post 2nd treatment .... done right here in CA!!!!  Read my previous to post to see how this has occurred.  There have been multiple, positive advances since my first treatment 13 months ago. 13 .... I can't believe the crap that life has thrown at us in those 13 months alone..... wow.... I'm just sayin'.

The past week was just SO much, that it is going to have to be a major part of my book. The happenings, encounters, topics-of-discussion, the people we met from around the world, and the care I got, was beyond anything I can put here in print. But, trust me .... I will reveal all in the book. Oh, it isn't a "tell all" like that. I will change some names to protect the innocent..... LOL. First, it was storming the morning we left (3/18) and since the accident I am beyond jumpy when it comes to travel. I can't help it ... I just twitch out. As the week came to an end, St. Patrick's Day on the horizon, HT wanting to go out and bail ship again, the tension came to a head. I told her if she couldn't handle being in close proximity with me for more than a day that she should stay behind and I would either go alone, or ask one of the girls to accompany me. I am guessing, had it gone that way, I would have had to do it alone. In any event, it was a little tense at the start, but .... WOW .... the following 3 days are a turning point ... a turning point for both of us, and the only real issue was that we hadn't had the opportunity to actually confront each other on what was happening and how we can't run from it, as it is the proverbial "elephant in the room."

... and so the week began. We arrived in CA about 8 pm on Sunday night. We were both exhausted ... we had talked, laughed, got a little pissed, sentimental, down right angry .... let it all out .... and decided, it was time to let it all go. That night in the hotel we continued our discussion after running up the block to grab a few groceries from the neighborhood Trader Joe's .... LOL ... HT was in love at first encounter .... with CA!! (I'm thinking I am not going to get all I want in this post as I am .... 3 days post and still a wee bit cloudy in the head.) We ate and went for a ride around the city to see where we were at. All good..... and off to sleep we went.

Ok ... well ... I will cut through the dirty details of how I feel currently. The experience was UNBELIEVABLE"! I had my neck injected directly as well in the same manner in which the suggested recommended occipital nerve blocks would have worked ... without side effects of steroids, and within 10 minutes.... YES, 10 minutes, I was rolling my head!!! I haven't been able to do that in 3 months!!! Just as the doctor came around the corner and I said "look at this!!", he responded with "I just injected it."  I was then advised by several that perhaps I should give it a rest and allow the little buggers to get to work. Since that time, my headache (you know, that one I have had since the accident) is down to like a 2 from a 5-6/10. That was really pulling me down, the constant headache. OK, 1 plus, that night, I got up at 12:15 feeling a little fuzzy, prick .... 55 .... oh yeah!! #2 - signs coming back earlier rather than too late, and last for tonight, as I am sort of drifting in and out, is the numbers .... check some of these out ... 113,109,135,123,65,134,167,83,161, 51 (caught with symptoms),187, 128, 92 .... all commercial worthy in my opinion.  I will continue to map for a drop time in insulin intake. Something some don't get is ... I am not going to, nor have I ever, really, beat myself up over a high that I know I did everything in my power to avoid ... you know ... sometimes, jugglers just can't keep all their balls in the air.

On that note, I will try to post again tomorrow, as the amazing happenings of this treatment trip are far from even being touched yet. It was eye opening in SO very many ways for both HT and myself. To the point that on Tuesday after sleeping in, and then going to hotel early for orientation .... HT was out cold by 6:30 due to the overwhelming stimulation that was in the air.

To all those who may be hesitant about this process and its capabilities .... trust me, this stuff can't be faked!!! This was just proof to me that I made the best choice the first time around going with Stem Genex and it's team, because I was treated like a person, not a number, not a dollar sign, and it was every step of the way. I will post again tomorrow.

Have a good night, be good to yourself, be good to each other!!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment