Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Up ... and then down again

G'Evening,

I am totally exhausted, from so many things. HT and I did the Best Fest this past weekend, and I am still paying for being on my ass for 8 hours, then on my feet for another 7, and then Saturday as well. It was really fun, and there were a ton of people from all over the state up here in Prescott celebrating the 100 year Centennial of AZ on February 14, 2012. I guess there is going to be several months of state wide celebrations. Prescott was the first territorial capital of AZ. Ok ... LOL .... that is about all the wild west history I can share ... I am a New Englander at heart.

Then there was Monday, back to work. I am exhausted ... did I say that already...? The usual 8 hours of what I do, which can be stressful for multiple reasons. Came home, BS dropped, went to bed. Did it again today, didn't want to get out of bed, but I made it to work. Good thing is after last night, I dropped my basal rate down another 1/2 unit an hour. I haven't been about the 150 range in a couple of weeks except for a pump issue I had 3 days ago. I seem to be needing less insulin to carb coverage as well.

Monday evening I listened to a voice mail I had from my GYN, we have issues there again. Going back to the whole lymph node issue, insurance still refuses, so I am being sent to a surgeon to see about just having whatever the 2x3cm mass is removed and biopsied after the fact. I will now also being visiting the GYN for yet another round of biopsies there as well. I am not looking forward to a potential rerun of THAT health hit. I just know the "stress" that they claim feeds these sort of bad cells has not been good. I am now concerned that the lymph node/mass could somehow be related to the other.....? I have my list of questions for both docs as an irregular mole was also found in the area of the mass. I have a history of skin dysplasia as well. All, or both of these health issues revolve around potential cancer cells, they are on the verge of becoming, cervical cancer, melanoma, etc. All being difficult to catch without early detection and regular follow up visits. Again, my knowledge, need to continue to learn, understand and perhaps share the experience with others so they know that they are not alone. I often times have felt very alone, especially with this latest "bad" result on my test. My mother was around to talk to when I went through the last bout, which was far from a pleasant ride, including laser surgery and a 6 week round of topical chemo. I just was not prepared for this hit, not with the potential beginning of a new part-time position that would make me the happiest stemmie recipient on the planet. An opportunity to share all the wonderful things that have happened since.

Basically, I know I need to relax, try and remain calm and optimistic, and just wait to see what happens with the appointments on Thursday. I have already taken the entire day off now due to the biopsy process. I will do some work from home..... in my sweats with a heating pad!!!

Fall is coming to AZ .... the mornings and evenings are cool, the days still warm, but more outside weather, my favorite time out here. Hoping to spend some quality time with Maggie this weekend, bath, oil change ... lol .... sounds exciting don't it?? That is my idea of quality time, being out with the dog ... and having my oil changed. There will be some more box dissection and disposal as well. I only have 9 weeks to get this place in shape for my baby-girls graduation .... with her nursing degree!!!! It has to happen ... especially now that we have only each other here, and of course those dear friends in which we now call family.

Wishing everyone a peaceful nights rest, and/or a wonderful Weds.

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment